• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any video of Barnett throwing in summer drills?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

And his brother is a center for FIU. They started a couple of games together last year including the bowl game in St. Pete.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

I think Oladokun is the most athletic/maneuverable of the group. His arm looks great too and I think he tries to mimic QF quite a bit. I think he has the best shot of the three at being elusive like QF was, too. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Just now, OcalaBull2 said:

I think Oladokun is the most athletic/maneuverable of the group. His arm looks great too and I think he tries to mimic QF quite a bit. I think he has the best shot of the three at being elusive like QF was, too. 

But we don't need another Flowers, we need a guy who can maximize his own skill set and not try to mimic someone else's, that never works out.  His skill set was actually not ideal for this offense imo,  I don't think Oladokun will win the job.  It requires more than elusiveness and speed.  Also BB has more arm talent.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

But we don't need another Flowers, we need a guy who can maximize his own skill set and not try to mimic someone else's, that never works out.  His skill set was actually not ideal for this offense imo,  I don't think Oladokun will win the job.  It requires more than elusiveness and speed.  Also BB has more arm talent.

I think BB has more arm talent as well but I’d love a QB who’s been learning from QF the past two years and who’s also great in his own way. Since day one people have talked about Oladokun having a great arm so it’s not like he’d be inept with that. Anything else is a plus and if he knows how to use his feet then I’d love for him to play. I’m not against Barnett at all but I think Oladokun is a more athletic QB. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

But accuracy could be a problem 

2 hours ago, Calibull said:

The job is Blake’s to lose...

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

18 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

QF made our OL look better than it was last season and we lost a couple more bodies.   I still like Oladokun to win the Job based on that.  As much as people like to point to our raw offensive numbers QF allowed many drives to continue with key 3rd down runs or scrambling away from what is a for sure sack for anyone else and passing/running for a 1st down.   I like Barnett but I'm not sold our OL can consistently give a more traditional pocket passer the time they need.....

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

21 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

QF made our OL look better than it was last season and we lost a couple more bodies.   I still like Oladokun to win the Job based on that.  As much as people like to point to our raw offensive numbers QF allowed many drives to continue with key 3rd down runs or scrambling away from what is a for sure sack for anyone else and passing/running for a 1st down.   I like Barnett but I'm not sold our OL can consistently give a more traditional pocket passer the time they need.....

I know Oladokun can run with the ball but it remains to be seen if he can scramble in the backfield. Being elusive is different than being fast. But I agree, if our O line is an issue he may be the better choice. 

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Anyone seen Barnett's feet?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I know Oladokun can run with the ball but it remains to be seen if he can scramble in the backfield. Being elusive is different than being fast. But I agree, if our O line is an issue he may be the better choice. 

He showed some good elusiveness in the Spring game, or at least as good as you can when the QB's are non-contact.   There's been some stuff in the practice reports over the spring and his high school film all show he has some kind of elusiveness in the pocket and he keeps his eyes down the field while buying time as well.  It's not really a guess at this point as he's shown he can be elusive in the pocket from high school through the spring.  Now is he QF?  No, because who else is?  But it's not a stretch to say he can avoid the pass rush as he's consistently shown he has the potential to do it in a game.  Now if he will get a chance to do so is a completely different animal....  

17 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Anyone seen Barnett's feet?

Just CCS 😈