• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

6 minutes ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

We continue to prove time and time again that we are a minor league athletic program run by minor league people.

This article doesn't, "prove" anything.  From what I've read, us hosting was the longest of long shots and until we hear from USF, we don't know why they chose not to submit a bid.  It could be as simple as they were advised that it wouldn't happen and felt their man-power would be better served elsewhere.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I'd like to know why they didn't place the bid.  It seems like a fairly basic thing to do just in case, but maybe there is a good explanation.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Just now, chapelbull said:

I'd like to know why they didn't place the bid.  It seems like a fairly basic thing to do just in case, but maybe there is a good explanation.

agree MH should explain why or he looks like he's hiding something by saying "multiple factors".

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Apis Bull said:

This article doesn't, "prove" anything.  From what I've read, us hosting was the longest of long shots and until we hear from USF, we don't know why they chose not to submit a bid.  It could be as simple as they were advised that it wouldn't happen and felt their man-power would be better served elsewhere.

Man power for what? Submitting a 5 question online application that would take an intern 3 minutes to fill out? Longest of long shots? The #1 criteria the committee uses for selecting teams to the tournament is RPI. We finished 18th in RPI, 16 teams host...Also, as the article states, the deadline to submit the application was before the Conf Tourney. Had we beat UCONN again and then gone onto beat ECU, that would've been two additional wins against the #16 and #12 RPI teams. I'd say that's about as good of case we'll ever have to host. The optics of the whole situation are just absolutely terrible. It's just not something an athletic program with our aspirations should be struggling with. 

47 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Wow, I hate, "journalism" these days.  How about find out more information before writing a story?

They tried to....the athletic dept. chose not to give them any relevant information on a simple request. 

Edited by goldenbrahm1996
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

9 minutes ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

5 question online application that would take an intern 3 minutes to fill out?

Where is this information coming from. From what I’ve read, it’s much more than that. It’s full on proposal. No intern handles those. 

7 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Where is this information coming from. From what I’ve read, it’s much more than that. It’s full on proposal. No intern handles those. 

Whatever the process may be, if you're telling me you're okay with the fact that schools like ECU, Coastal Carolina, and Stetson can find a way to do it but we can't, I guess we just have differing opinions on where we are as a program.

Edited by goldenbrahm1996

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, goldenbrahm1996 said:

Whatever the process may be, if you're telling me you're okay with the fact that schools like ECU, Coastal Carolina, and Stetson can find a way to do it but we can't, I guess you just have a differing opinion on where we are as a program.

I’m saying those schools were a lot closer to doing what needed to be done on the field than we were. Which would make that application a little more important. That application didn’t stop us hosting, our play did and that’s what isimportant. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347

3 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I’m saying those schools were a lot closer to doing what needed to be done on the field than we were. Which would make that application a little more important. That application didn’t stop us hosting, our play did and that’s what isimportant. 

Logically, the non application did stop us from hosting. If we werent able to submit an application bc of other criteria then yea.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Did I understand correctly? There's a $50,000 application fee? Is that refundable if you don't host?