• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Did I understand correctly? There's a $50,000 application fee? Is that refundable if you don't host?

I read it as a $50,000 minimum guarantee as a host site, but that's one of those things it would be nice to know.  Is there a nonrefundable app fee?

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

13 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Logically, the non application did stop us from hosting. If we werent able to submit an application bc of other criteria then yea.

So if we had submitted it, would we be hosting? The answer is no. With or without it, we weren’t hosting and at no point except for the last of the conference tournament was it even in the cards. 

5 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Did I understand correctly? There's a $50,000 application fee? Is that refundable if you don't host?

I read it as a promise to pay that fee should they choose us. Then we make that back through ticket sales. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I’m saying those schools were a lot closer to doing what needed to be done on the field than we were. Which would make that application a little more important. That application didn’t stop us hosting, our play did and that’s what isimportant. 

Were they really though? Coastal Carolina was one spot ahead of us in RPI and it look them beating Troy in their Conf Champ to get to that point. Not to mention we had 14 wins over teams that are in the field....Coastal Carolina had 8.

Edited by goldenbrahm1996

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I read it as a promise to pay that fee should they choose us. Then we make that back through ticket sales. 

Makes sense.

Just now, goldenbrahm1996 said:

Were they really though? Coastal Carolina was one spot ahead of us in RPI and it look them beating Troy team in their Conf Champ to get to that point. Not to mention we had 14 wins over teams that are in the field....Coastal Carolina had 8.

Are we really trying to compare our program to the one that won it all two years ago? I also believe baseball is their marquee sport. I would imagine they would willing prioritize that app higher 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 minutes ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

Were they really though? Coastal Carolina was one spot ahead of us in RPI and it look them beating Troy in their Conf Champ to get to that point. Not to mention we had 14 wins over teams that are in the field....Coastal Carolina had 8.

Nearly everything I've read said we really had no shot at hosting.  If you have any other, real evidence to the contrary, I'd like to read it.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

It doesn’t matter that we didn’t win the tournament, this is about our athletic department not doing their job. They sat back and let a deadline pass because going into this tournament our RPI very much showed that hosting was still in the realm of a possibility. Stop making excuses for something athletics should have done when they didn’t. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, OcalaBull2 said:

It doesn’t matter that we didn’t win the tournament, this is about our athletic department not doing their job. They sat back and let a deadline pass because going into this tournament our RPI very much showed that hosting was still in the realm of a possibility. Stop making excuses for something athletics should have done when they didn’t. 

Thank You

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I think they correctly anticipated that the application would be a waste of time. Hosting is about more than RPI and all of the Fl teams that did get to host, were higher than us. 

Edited by BrassBulls12