• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athlon QB Ranking: Do they know something we don't?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Triple B said:

Who knew Corey Feldman could play qb ....

:lmao:**** that’s good!!!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Hayden Moore is still at Cincy? Isn’t that guy in like his 6th year of eligibility? Term limits?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

Hayden Moore is still at Cincy? Isn’t that guy in like his 6th year of eligibility? Term limits?

He's no Zach Collaros, but I wish he'd hurry up and graduate.... 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

17 hours ago, JTrue said:

What kind of monster calls it "paper, rocks, scissors?" 

I'm sick and twisted dude.... i wear long underwear with short shorts and a thong over those shorts with my shirt tucked into the thong 

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

15 hours ago, JTrue said:

I made a few comments about legs in the Spring when QF and AW were both on the field. It's VERY hard to evaluate skills like QF's in a Spring Game and in practice. I gave my report on the few practices I was at (and got annihilated for them) and said AW throws a better ball. I had no idea if he was making the correct reads and I always added to my post "...and I know QF can run, but I can't tell you anything about that because his skill set doesn't play in practice. It's the wild card because we're just not going to know based on watching them work out." The same could be said with Kean and Oladokun. Kean could very well look the part of the starter in practice, but if Oladokun can run, you're never going to see that unless you're there every day and you don't know what the coaching staff thinks of it.

14 hours ago, Calibull said:

Very true... but I will say that Oladokun throws a much better ball than Flowers did.  I root for Kean because he's been behind "the guy" for three years and it just seems like the next man up.  Taggart has done a great job at evaluating and two of the QBs he recruited out of high school have been excellent QBs (Flowers, White)... I think Kean is just a gamer but Oladokun has a live arm.  It's like you said though, there is always that extra factor or wildcard that can come into play.  Either way, I feel comfortable with both guys so I don't really mind who wins... as long as they're the best guy.

I think we won some games because of QF. I don't think we'll lose games because of the QB position.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

22 hours ago, feardabull said:

Wow the qb talent in this conference took a dive

And USF is in the bottom third, sad really.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Athon just took a wild stab here, but they do that every year. I will say, they at least attempt articles for G5 conferences, coaches, players as opposed to some other publications that like to pretend the AAC doesn't exist. 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

This may be obvious but, I don't think they took our transfer QB's surfer wife into account when they did these rankings.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/8/2018 at 12:10 PM, BDYZR said:

I think we won some games because of QF. I don't think we'll lose games because of the QB position.

We can't HB dive all the way down the field.  These qb's will have to make some throws in order for us to win.