• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athlon QB Ranking: Do they know something we don't?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

19 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I think they flipped a coin.

It's Athlon... it was more like paper, rocks, scissors

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

24 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

It's Athlon... it was more like paper, rocks, scissors

What kind of monster calls it "paper, rocks, scissors?" 

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Nobody will be the National Champions UCF.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

What kind of monster calls it "paper, rocks, scissors?" 

Seriously.

Of course it's called Jan-Ken-Pon. Duh.

https://www.tofugu.com/japan/janken/

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

6 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Seriously.

Of course it's called Jan-Ken-Pon. Duh.

https://www.tofugu.com/japan/janken/

image.png.c7e3907b4f84ea348580dc0dca128ac3.png

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

The grand opening is not yet, but you can play the above referenced game here:  https://www.thebullspen.com/shop/

Only requirement is you have earned points...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

It's possible that's who they think will win the job. All things being equal, his legs.  He can do more than Kean and is actually a lot faster than Flowers was as it turns out.  So just basing it on athletic potential, I can see why.  It's also possible they just talked to people close to the program to get opinions.  I'm rooting for Kean but inclined to believe Oladokun will win the job. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

38 minutes ago, Calibull said:

It's possible that's who they think will win the job. All things being equal, his legs.  He can do more than Kean and is actually a lot faster than Flowers was as it turns out.  So just basing it on athletic potential, I can see why.  It's also possible they just talked to people close to the program to get opinions.  I'm rooting for Kean but inclined to believe Oladokun will win the job. 

I made a few comments about legs in the Spring when QF and AW were both on the field. It's VERY hard to evaluate skills like QF's in a Spring Game and in practice. I gave my report on the few practices I was at (and got annihilated for them) and said AW throws a better ball. I had no idea if he was making the correct reads and I always added to my post "...and I know QF can run, but I can't tell you anything about that because his skill set doesn't play in practice. It's the wild card because we're just not going to know based on watching them work out." The same could be said with Kean and Oladokun. Kean could very well look the part of the starter in practice, but if Oladokun can run, you're never going to see that unless you're there every day and you don't know what the coaching staff thinks of it.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

42 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I made a few comments about legs in the Spring when QF and AW were both on the field. It's VERY hard to evaluate skills like QF's in a Spring Game and in practice. I gave my report on the few practices I was at (and got annihilated for them) and said AW throws a better ball. I had no idea if he was making the correct reads and I always added to my post "...and I know QF can run, but I can't tell you anything about that because his skill set doesn't play in practice. It's the wild card because we're just not going to know based on watching them work out." The same could be said with Kean and Oladokun. Kean could very well look the part of the starter in practice, but if Oladokun can run, you're never going to see that unless you're there every day and you don't know what the coaching staff thinks of it.

Very true... but I will say that Oladokun throws a much better ball than Flowers did.  I root for Kean because he's been behind "the guy" for three years and it just seems like the next man up.  Taggart has done a great job at evaluating and two of the QBs he recruited out of high school have been excellent QBs (Flowers, White)... I think Kean is just a gamer but Oladokun has a live arm.  It's like you said though, there is always that extra factor or wildcard that can come into play.  Either way, I feel comfortable with both guys so I don't really mind who wins... as long as they're the best guy.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Very true... but I will say that Oladokun throws a much better ball than Flowers did.  I root for Kean because he's been behind "the guy" for three years and it just seems like the next man up.  Taggart has done a great job at evaluating and two of the QBs he recruited out of high school have been excellent QBs (Flowers, White)... I think Kean is just a gamer but Oladokun has a live arm.  It's like you said though, there is always that extra factor or wildcard that can come into play.  Either way, I feel comfortable with both guys so I don't really mind who wins... as long as they're the best guy.

What up?

ACE6FE4B-D806-495A-8133-C0F7AAE229D1.jpeg