• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why is the USF beat writer . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

38 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

When did Baker switch from UF? 

And the blind statement is in reference to why TBT would be covering Tags at FSU and not Holtz at La Tech. You can’t be dense enough to not see the difference in the TBT’s view point. 

I'm dense, too? This kind of stuff is why I've left this forum at least twice in the past. And if anyone is dense, it's probably you for not recognizing the sarcasm in my initial comment - especially dense if I need to explain it to you.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I'm dense, too? This kind of stuff is why I've left this forum at least twice in the past. And if anyone is dense, it's probably you for not recognizing the sarcasm in my initial comment - especially dense if I need to explain it to you.

If your original post was meant as sarcasm then why make the ******* thread? This board has a huge axe to grind against Joey and while he’s no GA I just don’t get it. So yea maybe I’m dense for sticking up for someone who gets a lot of unfair grief from this board for just doing his job. Maybe I should just start reading all posts on this board complaining about USF or the lack of perceived respect from the local market as sarcasm from here on out?

On that note I’m done with this thread and out of respect for Brad this board for awhile. Like he mentioned there are no need for personal attacks here and while I may have perpetuated it originally; I am big enough to admit that the terms “you must be blind” and “dense” were not necessary in this thread. On that note enjoy your Sunday and have a great week, could give two fucks what you think about myself or Joey I’m just saying there is no need for this base to nitpick at every little thing someone does to provide for his family; especially when it’s more likely than not cause by his employers an not himself. And just an FYI as someone who’s only connection to USF happens to be that he lives in the Tampa area and works for a local paper; Joey doesn’t owe this fan base ****. 

Brad, just go ahead and delete my post. He's probably right that I shouldn't criticize someone who's just trying to feed his family. No reason I should question how he does his job. It's up to his editor to decide whether or not he's adequately fulfilling his job duties. I guess I just expect my beat writer, whose twitter handle ends in "bulls" to be focused solely on USF news. My mistake.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I am pro Joey but as I read this thread I am just like...****...

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

We are all Bulls here!

Believe me, it was not my intention to create a firestorm. I hit TBTimes_Bulls twitter for the first time in days - one day after our spring game - looking for some new USF info and instead found retweets about FSU's spring game attendance, their love/excitement for the start of the Taggart era and a link to a story about their QB situation. It rubbed me wrong, assuming that I was going to find some insight into USF's weekend. For some reason I thought I'd find a friendly home here to vent a little. I was wrong and probably should have just kept it to myself. I've learned.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Believe me, it was not my intention to create a firestorm. I hit Knight's twitter for the first time in days - one day after our spring game - looking for some new USF info and found retweets about FSU's spring game attendance, their love/excitement for the start of the Taggart era and a link to a story about their QB situation. It rubbed me wrong, assuming that I was going to find some insight into USF's weekend. For some reason I thought I'd find a friendly home here to vent a little. I was wrong and probably should have just kept it to myself. I've learned.

Dave, about 90% on this board support your position. I am more in the 10% as I give Joey more than a benefit of a doubt and believe he is following the orders of his editor. But that does not mean you don’t make some fair points against Joey. Hopefully you will feel free to continue in giving your position.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Dave, about 90% on this board support your position. I am more in the 10% as I give Joey more than a benefit of a doubt and believe he is following the orders of his editor. But that does not mean you don’t make some fair points against Joey. Hopefully you will feel free to continue in giving your position.

NewEngland: I get it. It's not personal. I just think that his twitter handle TBTimes_Bulls needs to change at this point if he's not going to be dedicated to USF-related coverage. When four of the first seven tweets in his feed are FSU related, it doesn't fit. He's not writing for an FSU audience, is he?

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

https://mobile.twitter.com/MBakerTBTimes/status/985325222575460353

At least he’s consistent. Official Spring attendance.