• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Walter Football Draft ranking QB's (FLOWERS)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

20 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Tell Doug Flutie that

My all-time favorite Flutie play.

Terrible sound, sorry, but here is telling the story.

Edited by charsibb

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

I can't comment on Flowers' performance in practice. I do think he will get drafted in the 7th round. If not, the CFL will be there for him.

As for Walter Football, they are a low-budget site that I am aware of, but not having Deadrin Senat ranked in the top 20 of its DT rankings tells me all I need to know about the publication. Most sites have him ranked as the 10th to 15th best DT, which would likely see him drafted in the third to fifth round. 

Like most mock draft sites some of his picks are super hit (he had McCaffrey going to the Panthers last season) and some of it are misses (he didnt have Watson taken in the first round).

Last year he had Marlon Mack going in the 4th-5th rd in just about every version.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, charsibb said:

Wow. Talk about your fake news.

Way to do your homework, idiot reporter.

He was at practice all week...that's where almost all of the evaluation took place. By all accounts, he had a pretty underwhelming week of practice. They actually yanked him off the field at one point because he couldn't take a snap under center, fumbling two straight at one point. I love the kid to death and would consider taking a bullet for him, but he has absolutely no chance of playing QB. Needs to start working out as a WR/RB unless he wants to go to Canada. They did say that numerous CFL scouts were there last week and told him straight up they would love him at QB. So he's gonna have a pretty tough decision.

Edited by goldenbrahm1996

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

It should be noted that Mayfield also had issues with taking the snap under center this week, so, I think NFL scouts are probably getting accustomed to that at this point... QB center exchange is also different when the center is new. Footwork is the real issue. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

59 minutes ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

He was at practice all week...that's where almost all of the evaluation took place. By all accounts, he had a pretty underwhelming week of practice. They actually yanked him off the field at one point because he couldn't take a snap under center, fumbling two straight at one point. I love the kid to death and would consider taking a bullet for him, but he has absolutely no chance of playing QB. Needs to start working out as a WR/RB unless he wants to go to Canada. They did say that numerous CFL scouts were there last week and told him straight up they would love him at QB. So he's gonna have a pretty tough decision.

He chose USF over a dozen top schools because we promised him PT at QB.

Wouldn't be surprised in the least if he chose CFL over NFL for the same reason.

Worked for Warren Moon and others

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Q will not make it as a QB in the NFL. He needs to play another position. 

4 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

Tell Doug Flutie that

"Mr. Flutie, you got this message from something called TheBullsPen. They wanted to let you know that Quinton Flowers will not make it as a quarterback in the NFL -- he needs to play another position."

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, charsibb said:

Wouldn't be surprised in the least if he chose CFL over NFL for the same reason.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him up in Canada and even have some success.  But Warren Moon was 6'3" and about 220

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

Could we possibly get Q tossing TDs to SJ Green? Now if only BJ could figure it out and head north. 

Edited by 206BULL

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, charsibb said:

To be honest, I don't think it'd be the worst idea. I'd love it too because it would give me a reason to watch football in the middle of the summer when I'm usually stuck watching the rays play in an empty against teams they can't realistically compete against.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

14 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him up in Canada and even have some success.  But Warren Moon was 6'3" and about 220

Q would be a problem on the bigger CFL field.  So much more room for him to do "Quinton Flowers things"