• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

48 minutes ago, A UCF Fan said:

My point about the NFL was if you win a division you are in the playoff.  There is no opinion involved and no contested champion.  Obviously with 130 NCAAFB teams you need to have some type of limiting factor because we can't play games until Mid-February.  If you are not a conference champion you should not have a path to the playoff.

You DO realize that the NFL has wild cards that make the playoffs, right? In the MLB non division winners ofter win Word Series.  Go away Gnat

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Well, they did start up in the 70s.

Ha ha...I think I see what you did there.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

If you have to claim it, it’s not real. 

Also UCF’s resume would not equal the eventual champions. They will have beaten two of the top four teams in the nation in consecutive weeks. Who got a chance for to play those games is irrelevant  

Sorry, but claiming this title will just craft more separation. The power five can say “ you’re right you should be a national champion, the G5 should have their own”. Just call them out on the field and call it a day. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

4 hours ago, A UCF Fan said:

My point about the NFL was if you win a division you are in the playoff.  There is no opinion involved and no contested champion.  Obviously with 130 NCAAFB teams you need to have some type of limiting factor because we can't play games until Mid-February.  If you are not a conference champion you should not have a path to the playoff.

My point was that no NCAA sport that I know of limits its playoffs to conference champions so why should FBS football be any different ... Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

My point was that no NCAA sport that I know of limits its playoffs to conference champions so why should FBS football be any different ... Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

Quick question and then I’ll hang up and listen. Is it an actual playoff decided by the teams on the field of play or something else? If it’s the latter then we’ve all lost. 

9 hours ago, UCFChad said:

Quick question and then I’ll hang up and listen. Is it an actual playoff decided by the teams on the field of play or something else? If it’s the latter then we’ve all lost. 

You'll have to clarify that a bit .... and do you understand the debate going on with AUF that my response was to?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  13

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

And your idea for a fair and equatable playoff that doesn't have teams playing until spring of the following year is what?  Note: I'll stop listening when you mention poll or committee.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  279

I think having a parade and a banner that reads "UCF 2017 G5 National Champions" would be awesome. Congrats on your G5 Natty!

59 minutes ago, A UCF Fan said:

And your idea for a fair and equatable playoff that doesn't have teams playing until spring of the following year is what?  Note: I'll stop listening when you mention poll or committee.

LOL ... You sound more like A FAU Fan or A Troy Fan. Life isn't always fair and equitable. Your "solution" of having 10 conference champions only playoffs  is ridiculous and would still involve a poll or committee to determine who gets byes. Plus, the teams not in a conference should just shut down football, I guess. If you have a problem with an 8 team playoff comprised of the the P5 conf champions and the highest ranked (I realized you stopped reading here. Your loss) G5 conf champion, with 2 at large teams, don't know what else to tell you.