• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  13
  • Days Won:  0

My point about the NFL was if you win a division you are in the playoff.  There is no opinion involved and no contested champion.  Obviously with 130 NCAAFB teams you need to have some type of limiting factor because we can't play games until Mid-February.  If you are not a conference champion you should not have a path to the playoff.

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, A UCF Fan said:

My point about the NFL was if you win a division you are in the playoff.  There is no opinion involved and no contested champion.  Obviously with 130 NCAAFB teams you need to have some type of limiting factor because we can't play games until Mid-February.  If you are not a conference champion you should not have a path to the playoff.

I hope you are a Walmart fan and not a representation of what UCF is producing academically these days. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

34 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

They are currently at #1 in Wolfe, and #2 in Colley Matrix and Anderson & Hester. In those two they trail only Georgia with a good sized lead on Alabama. You can do a hypothetical game of Alabama over Georgia on the Colley Matrix site and see UCF would be #1. 

I’m not 100% sure just because you have a computer you’re a “major” ranking service.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Okay, I thought everyone was in on this stunt, and maybe paying out the assistants NC bonuses is worth the press, but apparently, these delusions of grandeur are real. I'm surprised and not surprised at the same time.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

Just now, JTrue said:

I’m not 100% sure just because you have a computer you’re a “major” ranking service.

You aren’t. These were components of the old BCS. You can read about major selectors that award national championships here. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS

the three I mentioned are major selectors. UCF is actual #1 in more than 10 computer rankings in the Massey composite. Maybe that’s what you were thinking of. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  13

25 minutes ago, Capital H said:

I hope you are a Walmart fan and not a representation of what UCF is producing academically these days. 

Your butthurt over UCF success brings a smile to my face.  You have no reasonable retort.  

Edited by A UCF Fan
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

I think the self proclaiming national champions is really dumb but I do feel that ucf should be pissed they didnt have an oppurtunity to play for one. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Capital H said:

Burning bridges with all of this Trans National Championship talk?

The old money is already a crotchety bunch and I have to image the current power holders are not exactly loving this UCFake championship the uppity school in Oveido is promoting. It was already going to be tough for them to get meaningful games with the G5 divide, plus putting together a good product on the field. I wonder if a few AD's (or even conference commishes) put the kiabash on any future scheduling of the Golden Knights?

Of course they are....and that is how their delusional behavior affects USF. UCF thinks they are being cute but they are too stupid to look at the big picture 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

Okay, I thought everyone was in on this stunt, and maybe paying out the assistants NC bonuses is worth the press, but apparently, these delusions of grandeur are real. I'm surprised and not surprised at the same time.

Should not surprise us...they have been bush league since day 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, gmanbull93 said:

Should not surprise us...they have been bush league since day 1

Well, they did start up in the 70s.

• Haha 1