• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCants Thread for next year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Yeah, because Gilbert is the one who distributes the ball. Is everyone forgetting how awful Q’s passing was in the first half?

Ok - I will give you that Gilbert does not throw the ball and we have no way of knowing who the primary targets are.

However, I am pretty sure that QF did not call 20+ runs up the middle (including 3+ ineffective ones on the goal line)

My point is that good things seem to happen when McCants has the ball (save for the fumble today) - if I was the OC, I would be looking to get him as many touches as possible.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

d3d10d3f12b82314dfa58f856b3c9715

AgonizingTornAkitainu-max-1mb.gif

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, whiskeyboarder said:

Where do Carlton Mitchell and Taurus Johnson rank? 

Those were the WR when I was in school.  But the offense was so different, and so was the competition, making it hard for me to compare them with the AAC guys.  McCants will probably be it, though. 

Mitch has got to be our most complete package of physical specimen + production ever. He did it against the toughest competition we've ever faced too. It's a shame he left early,  his senior year could've been special. MVS is close physically, but didn't do it against the same level of competition.

From "our" era, Johnson and Bogans were pretty friggin' good too. I really liked Hester and don't understand how he never caught on anywhere professionally (even CFL). Moving forward, Andre Davis gives these guys a run for their money as well, especially given the dearth of talent around him.

McCants does have a real shot at being the best ever and playing at the next level though. He's the complete package and can play Sunday's in the slot.

Edited by The Great 8
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I will never forget watching Jesse Hester Jr. catch the game-winning pass from Matt Grothe in 2007. 

McCants has already proven himself a hell of a talent, and I believe he will play on Sundays too.

The awesome TDs he scored this year and that video of him dragging the UCF player will live on. I just hope he gets that moment like Hester had, like Amarri Jackson had against Louisville, etc.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Yeah, because Gilbert is the one who distributes the ball. Is everyone forgetting how awful Q’s passing was in the first half?

1st half....4 for 14

2nd half 13 for 20

2nd half offense moves the ball and scores points. Yea lets blame the coach.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

3 hours ago, mjadams said:

1st half....4 for 14

2nd half 13 for 20

2nd half offense moves the ball and scores points. Yea lets blame the coach.

Exactly!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

tyre mcCAN !!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

Watched recording of the game and for first time saw the emotion coming from Tyre immediately after it was over. Even though saw him up close and personal after coming over to the fans along the fence a little later and didn't appear that emotional then, is there a possibility that immediate emotion was because there's a chance he could go pro and that was his last game as a Bull? Just a thought that popped up into my head amongst all the cobwebs watching him tearing up...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  390
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Watched recording of the game and for first time saw the emotion coming from Tyre immediately after it was over. Even though saw him up close and personal after coming over to the fans along the fence a little later and didn't appear that emotional then, is there a possibility that immediate emotion was because there's a chance he could go pro and that was his last game as a Bull? Just a thought that popped up into my head amongst all the cobwebs watching him tearing up...

thats exactly what i was thinking. he knew it might be his final college game