• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Texas Tech thinks of USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

The SEC is ducking us betof last season, so they told ESPN to get the big12 to be their fall man. Think about it, if we take down another SEC team it looks bad for them and their mighty reputation. But since the B12 & AAC are supposed to be the bottom and top of their respective brackets it’s ok if we beat the communist raiders of the plain Texas. Their columnists will be like we already knew that this was going to happen because there’s some parity there, which opens the door for closing out the B12 and consolidating the P4 with more money

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

The big dumpster fire could have Taggart and Frost leading ratings each year vying to play Oklahoma in the dumpster fire championship. 

They could be visiting the beaches and Disney every year. 

Instead they chose to have a round robin and repeat matchups to keep the conference to the good 'ol oil field pals only.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

What the actual **** is this thread about? :facepalm:

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

15 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

What the actual **** is this thread about? :facepalm:

Publix?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

I’ve never actually thought about Texas Tech. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Just now, Brad said:

I’ve never actually thought about Texas Tech. 

The only thing I know about them is that they cancelled a proposed home and home series right after we beat Auburn.

To be fair, I doubt whether many of their fans ever thought of us. LOL

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

The only thing I know about them is that they cancelled a proposed home and home series right after we beat Auburn.

To be fair, I doubt whether many of their fans ever thought of us. LOL

I have a friend in Lubbock who's a rock DJ and they do think of us, they were very upset when Rocky beat Raider Red in the Capital One Mascot Bowl 2 years ago.

Just now, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I have a friend in Lubbock who's a rock DJ and they do think of us, they were very upset when Rocky beat Raider Red in the Capital One Mascot Bowl 2 years ago.

:lmao:

Unbelieve-A-Bull! USF Mascot Wins National Competition

By MARK SCHREINER  JAN 2, 2014

1-1-13_Rocky.jpg
USF mascot Rocky the Bull won the 2013 Capitol One Mascot Challenge, topping 15 other competitors, including Texas Tech's Raider Red in the finals.
CREDIT CAPITAL ONE

While the University of South Florida football team struggled to a 2-10 record this season, another USF competitor came out on top on New Year's Day, as Rocky the Bull beat 15 other mascots from around the country to win the 2013 Capital One Mascot Challenge.

The announcement of Rocky's victory came from Capital One Chairman & CEO Rich Fairbank during halftime of Wednesday's Capital One Bowl.

Rocky went 12-0 in the contest's "regular season," topping such fellow mascots as Wisconsin's Bucky Badger, LSU's Mike the Tiger and Michigan State's Sparty before beating defending champion Texas Tech's Raider Red in the finals.

Rocky was the first mascot in the competition's 12 years to go undefeated in both the regular season and playoffs.

During the 18 week-long season, fans of the 16 competitors voted online in (stuffed) head-to-head contests, while earning their favorite mascot bonus votes by doing such things as posting messages, pictures and videos of support on social media. Over 100 million votes were cast.

Speaking for the silent mascot Wednesday afternoon at the Leroy Selmon Athletics Center, USF President Judy Genshaft thanked current students and alumni for their support.

"In Rocky's words, this was an incredi-bull and unbelieva-bull amount of people that turned out to show how much we care about Rocky," Genshaft said.

Along with the championship, the university received $20 thousand in prize money. That will go to defray some of USF's mascot program's expenses, including travel and maintenance of the suits, some of which cost up to $3,000. Rocky appears at about 350 events on and off campus during the year.

Criteria for selection to the Capitol One Mascot Challenge included interaction with fans, demonstration of originality, an ability to create enthusiasm among fans, and contributing to an exhilarating atmosphere while maintaining a creative and professional appearance.

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Just bought my ticket, booked my flight, and hotel... Bring on the hot Texas women....