• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Texas Tech thinks of USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

13 minutes ago, RaiderATX said:

Fortune favors the bold, and signing up for the easiest out of conference schedule gets you nothing. You are stuck taking us fat little girlfriends to the dance."

The schedule was never supposed to look like this, so claiming we signed up for the "easiest out of conference schedule" is a little misleading. Our UMass game got cancelled.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

44 minutes ago, RaiderATX said:

What did the Bulls do this year? As I mentioned elsewhere, "I feel USF's 9-2 record looks great at first glance, but upon further review, the Bulls accomplished little. You had the worst out of conference SOS, ranked at 130 of 130 (TTU at 41). Your in conference SOS was ranked 76 (TTU at 33). You beat all your cupcakes, but when it came down to playing teams with a winning record you were oh so close. The resume is lacking anything impressive.

Yeah Tech has a 6-6 record, another rough season for us. We did have 2-3 of those oh so close games too (WVU, OSU, KState). But I think where we best USF is we actually beat some worthy opponents, something USF can't say. Our wins against UH, ASU, and Texas are certainly better than anyone you beat this year; one of them even beat you.

Fortune favors the bold, and signing up for the easiest out of conference schedule gets you nothing. You are stuck taking us fat little girlfriends to the dance."

Schedules take shape 7-10 years out.  I didn't ask you to justify TT results this year.  The last 4 decades TT has done nothing on the gridiron.  CML's last year (08) TT made some noise. Outside of that year your football results are as desolate as the geographic landscape of your school.  TT could not have won the AAC this year or the last 3 years for that matter.  My post on your results is not meant to be a put down, more of a realistic view of your performance. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  23
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Do your research first. We had P5 teams scheduled but they bought us out. Funny how the P5 is scared to play the good teams. It’s also funny when half of the P5 is not very good and only have that classification because of longevity and not merit. 

"Do your research first"? That's what the above is; i researched who you played and you played one of the weakest schedules out there. Your out of conference SOS was the worst in the league. Playing us would have only bumped you maybe 20-30 spots, still at the bottom. You only schedule one decent team for your OOC, us, and we cancelled on you. But what about the other two teams you had scheduled? They were chumps.

I've tried to find out why we cancelled our out of conference with USF, but Ive found nothing mentioning it (I do vaguely remember us canceling though). Nonetheless we still put together a top tier OOC schedule, ranking 41 of 130.

"Scared"? C'mon we signed up to play ASU and UH for our OOC, two great teams at the time our schools agreed on the matchups. Next year we have UH again and Ole Miss. Next year you have Georgia Tech and Illinois, not so impressive eh? Maybe you guys are the ones too scared to face some competition, hurt that chance of a 10 win season.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348

55 minutes ago, RaiderATX said:

What did the Bulls do this year? As I mentioned elsewhere, "I feel USF's 9-2 record looks great at first glance, but upon further review, the Bulls accomplished little. You had the worst out of conference SOS, ranked at 130 of 130 (TTU at 41). Your in conference SOS was ranked 76 (TTU at 33). You beat all your cupcakes, but when it came down to playing teams with a winning record you were oh so close. The resume is lacking anything impressive.

Yeah Tech has a 6-6 record, another rough season for us. We did have 2-3 of those oh so close games too (WVU, OSU, KState). But I think where we best USF is we actually beat some worthy opponents, something USF can't say. Our wins against UH, ASU, and Texas are certainly better than anyone you beat this year; one of them even beat you.

Well when you're supposed to play both Michigan State and Wisconsin at home and they bail at the last second, there's not much else you can do other than schedule the likes of San Jose St and Stonybrook

1 minute ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

Well when you're supposed to play both Michigan State and Wisconsin at home and they bail at the last second, there's not much else you can do other than schedule the likes of San Jose St and Stonybrook

How do you guys have so many teams canceling on you. This brings the total to four from my limited observations. Yeah, that's gotta be frustrating.

7 minutes ago, RaiderATX said:

How do you guys have so many teams canceling on you. This brings the total to four from my limited observations. Yeah, that's gotta be frustrating.

No I just don't think you can count. The two I'm talking about are obviously the same two that the other poster was talking about. Not that hard to follow...They cancelled because they scheduled a home and home with us when we were god awful a few years ago. They got the home game at their place, and then when they were faced with traveling to play a vastly improved G5 team, they realized they didn't have anything to gain by it and they bought the game out So they could play another cupcake game at home. To be specific, Michigan St completely bought the game out, Wisconsin just moved it back until 2019.

Edited by goldenbrahm1996

11 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Schedules take shape 7-10 years out.  I didn't ask you to justify TT results this year.  The last 4 decades TT has done nothing on the gridiron.  CML's last year (08) TT made some noise. Outside of that year your football results are as desolate as the geographic landscape of your school.  TT could not have won the AAC this year or the last 3 years for that matter.  My post on your results is not meant to be a put down, more of a realistic view of your performance. 

Hey 07, 08, and 09 were all great years for our team in a very competitive conference at the time. 

Beyond the Mike Leach years it's been tough, I'm not going to justify our performance, that's not my intention. I know we aren't world beaters, I never said we were. Yet we've actually beat some worthy opponents, and more than half our schedule is pretty good teams.

I, like you, want to provide a more realistic view of your team; you beat no one with a pulse and that 9-2 record is very misleading. I too have won championships in beginner mode.

15 minutes ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

No I just don't think you can count. The two I'm talking about are obviously the same two that the other poster was talking about. Not that hard to follow...They cancelled because they scheduled a home and home with us when we were god awful a few years ago. They got the home game at their place, and then when they were faced with traveling to play a vastly improved G5 team, they realized they didn't have anything to gain by it and they bought the game out So they could play another cupcake game at home. To be specific, Michigan St completely bought the game out, Wisconsin just moved it back until 2019.

Easy buddy, I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers. You're reading too much into my text. 

From this Topic thread, I counted Michigan State, Wisconsin, Texas Tech, and UMass who have cancelled on you. When I said limited observations, I meant I just know from what I've read at thebullspen.com, and those 4 have been mentioned as teams that have cancelled on you.

I really only care enough to get into the details  about why TTU cancelled, but I can't find anything. And don't say we were scared to play you, bc we have had and will have worthy OOC opponents annually.

4 minutes ago, RaiderATX said:

Easy buddy, I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers. You're reading too much into my text. 

From this Topic thread, I counted Michigan State, Wisconsin, Texas Tech, and UMass who have cancelled on you. When I said limited observations, I meant I just know from what I've read at thebullspen.com, and those 4 have been mentioned as teams that have cancelled on you.

I really only care enough to get into the details  about why TTU cancelled, but I can't find anything. And don't say we were scared to play you, bc we have had and will have worthy OOC opponents annually.

We never had a game with Texas Tech scheduled...no idea where you got that from. And the Umass game got cancelled 3 weeks into the season because of Hurricane Irma. You're just confused, stupid, or ignorant. Good possibility it's a combo of all three. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

39 minutes ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

not to get into the middle of this but those teams don't cancel on us because they are scared. they cancel on us because the buyout is low and they can generate far more revenue playing a cupcake at home. whoever signed those deals for us had to know it was likely to happen.

personally I'd like to see us do one and dones against top competition. don't bother thinking they will return a game. they will just pay the measly buyout and screw up our schedule.