• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Texas Tech thinks of USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,731
  • Days Won:  0

53 minutes ago, RaiderATX said:

Yeah, you don't get the opportunity for those when you fail your auditions.

You should have stopped at "Yeah"

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  23

9 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

RaiderATX, Do you know, or can you find out, how many tickets were sold by your school for our bowl game?

We have only sold about 1,200 directly through USF.

Returning to the same bowl in back  to back years negatively impacted our sales.

Hey Mama, I have not seen any reports on ticket sales. I expect we sell about the same as you guys; not much.

Happy to go bowling, happy to be playing a good team in USF, but it's about 983 miles from Lubbock, and 638 miles from our alumni hub of Dallas. Since Birmingham isn't a destination city, I just don't see anyone making the trip, unless they live in a nearby state.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

7 minutes ago, RaiderATX said:

Since Birmingham isn't a destination city,

Alabama BBQ > Texas BBQ ...

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I was just having fun, and now you make it personal. Is there no moderator in this place?

IT'S GO TIME:

-I've never even heard of Alabama BBQ. 

-If Alabama BBQ was a division 1 defense, they'd be ranked below Texas Techs defense.

-I bet Alabama BBQ requires sauce. TEXAS MEATS CAN STAND ON THEIR OWN

Yeah

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

26 minutes ago, RaiderATX said:

Hey Mama, I have not seen any reports on ticket sales. I expect we sell about the same as you guys; not much.

Happy to go bowling, happy to be playing a good team in USF, but it's about 983 miles from Lubbock, and 638 miles from our alumni hub of Dallas. Since Birmingham isn't a destination city, I just don't see anyone making the trip, unless they live in a nearby state.

Well, at least the major football sites which rank bowl game match-ups seem to think this will be one of the most exciting.

Of the 39 bowl games, I've seen this one ranked #5, #11 and #12.

So, I expect we will at least draw a good TV audience, for what is expected to be a high scoring, exciting and close game.

We had a great one there last year there which went into OT with South Carolina which we won 46 - 39.

.http://www.espn.com/ncf/recap/_/id/400876100 

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

27 minutes ago, Triple B said:

12 minutes ago, RaiderATX said:

I was just having fun, and now you make it personal. Is there no moderator in this place?

IT'S GO TIME:

-I've never even heard of Alabama BBQ. 

-If Alabama BBQ was a division 1 defense, they'd be ranked below Texas Techs defense.

-I bet Alabama BBQ requires sauce. TEXAS MEATS CAN STAND ON THEIR OWN

Yeah

The moderators are all non paying attention dumbasses .... and my apologies if my observation offended but reality can be a ***** sometimes.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The moderators are all non paying attention dumbasses .... and my apologies if my observation offended but reality can be a ***** sometimes.

You've been a moderator this whole time, and yet you've said nothing to prevent this thread from going to a foul foul place. 

Texas BBQ is sacred. You can say our D stinks, that our special teams was pitiful, and that Patrick Mahomes will never lead an NFL team out of a tunnel, but don't drag the good name of Texas BBQ through the mud. Especially don't compare it to Alabama "BBQ", whatever that is. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

6 minutes ago, RaiderATX said:

You've been a moderator this whole time, and yet you've said nothing to prevent this thread from going to a foul foul place. 

Texas BBQ is sacred. You can say our D stinks, that our special teams was pitiful, and that Patrick Mahomes will never lead an NFL team out of a tunnel, but don't drag the good name of Texas BBQ through the mud. Especially don't compare it to Alabama "BBQ", whatever that is. 

It can be found in the supermarkets next to the cans of Spam and Potted Meat.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

5 minutes ago, RaiderATX said:

If you know anybody going to the bowl game, tell them to try Dreamland BBQ, which was sold from mobile units outside the bowl stadium. Of course, they could also go to their establishment to eat while in the area.

http://www.dreamlandbbq.com/content/Dreamlandbbq/CustomPages/locations/Birmingham.htm

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Dreamland was very good. Almost as good as Gates.