• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

What everybody is missing in this discussion is the reason for the University of Oviedo's success in multiple sports over the past few years. Danny White. He's made some brilliant hires, including Frost. Johnny Dawkins and Katie Abrahamson-Henderson to name two others. I'm a bit worried as to who he'll get to replace Frost. 

Edited by swamprat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, emrober5 said:

They won a BCS bowl before that 0-12 season, and have won multiple conference championships. They are going to the Peach Bowl this year.

It isn't just a one year thing. Unfortunately, UCF grew while Holtz tanked our program. We climbed back from the Holtz years but it wasn't nearly as high or as fast as UCF from their 0-12 season.

If they make the right hire, they aren't going anywhere. "Passed" us is subjective, but I would much rather have their recent years over our recent years. Including 0-12. Hell, 2-10 isn't much better.

Skip Holtz definitely killed your momentum in a huge way . Coaching changes can Always go that way . I believe Danny White will put us in a good spot but you never know 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

Although I agree that they're the better program at this point in time, what opportunity to leave them in the dust did we miss?

5 minutes ago, UCFKnight04 said:

You joined a BCS league and enjoyed that advantage from 2005-2012.  Also during that time you were recruiting in the country's best basketball conference while we were growing out of the Atlantic Sun.   The Atlantic Sun.

Not surprisingly, you're not comprehending. US missing an opportunity indicates there's something WE could have done to leave you in the dust. WE didn't relegate OURSELVES back to your level .... and we both are on the same level now.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

On 12/3/2017 at 11:33 AM, Bausfkid said:

None of you are looking at academics.  We still have a ways to go to catch up to the P5 conference teams.  I assure you they count more than "facilities".

I thought USF was doing well academically?????

Guest PCBull14
37 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

We are still in the 100s perception wise. That's not great but not terrible, hell we'd fit right into the SEC!!

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

41 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

We are, but still a very long way off from a conference like the B1G.  We do fit in with the Big 12.  ACC is far superior and the SEC is not an option based on lots of other factors.  It's a lot of dominos that need to fall for us and our friends 90 miles to the east.  It's just about winning at football.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

28 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

We are still in the 100s perception wise. That's not great but not terrible, hell we'd fit right into the SEC!!

Depends on what ranking you are talking about.

IMO, the ONE ranking that carries the most weight with  P5 schools is RESEARCH.

USF is doing almost $500,000,000, a year and THAT is well above MANY AAU universities.

Also, ONLY USF, FSU and UF are labeled "PREEMINENT UNIVERSITIES"  by the state of Florida.

Presidents of big universities are keenly interested in being associated with very high volume research universities, like USF.

Edited by Mama_Bull