• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

4 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

Me too.

Without Frost, USF may be the favorite to win the conference AGAIN.

Based on what though? We lose our best QB ever and UCF returns Milton for 2 more years. As long as they have Milton, they are the favorites in the East for the next 2 years. Our QB's haven't played any meaningful snaps. The media would be dopes to put us as the favorites next year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

12 minutes ago, CPR said:

Based on what though? We lose our best QB ever and UCF returns Milton for 2 more years. As long as they have Milton, they are the favorites in the East for the next 2 years. Our QB's haven't played any meaningful snaps. The media would be dopes to put us as the favorites next year.

Depends on how they do in their bowl game (if without Frost coaching), who they get as their coach and whether we win our bowl game and keep CCS.

The voters have a lot of respect for CCS and will probably believe he will be able to continue to improve our defense next year. We will likely be even more of a running team, with Cronkite, so whatever QB we have won't have to do it by himself to win our conference.

I know that seems far fetched now, but if we win our bowl game and both Memphis and UCF lose, we might be ranked in the preseason which would make us one of the favorites, since we will get UCF at home.  

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

12 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Depends on how they do in their bowl game (if without Frost coaching), who they get as their coach and whether we win our bowl game and keep CCS.

The voters have a lot of respect for CCS and will probably believe he will be able to continue to improve our defense next year. We will likely be even more of a running team, with Cronkite, so whatever QB we have won't have to do it by himself to win our conference.

I know that seems far fetched now, but if we win our bowl game and both Memphis and UCF lose, we might be ranked in the preseason which would make us one of the favorites, since we will get UCF at home.  

Frost is supposedly coaching their bowl game.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Not denying Milton’s talent, but I agree with you. I want to see Milton under a new HC, and there is no way he puts up those same numbers next year in a transition season. Always growing pains. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Mama_Bull said:

It just doesn't make any sense for the Big 12 to take only one team from Florida. It will be both of us or none.

Not that it means anything, but I saw more than one prediction of UCF & Cincinnati around the time the Big12 was still trying to decide. I would think the package deal would be likely, but there's no telling.

5 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Not that it means anything, but I saw more than one prediction of UCF & Cincinnati around the time the Big12 was still trying to decide. I would think the package deal would be likely, but there's no telling.

That was before this past Black Friday. First time USF/UCF combo was good in the same season and the game had any meaning. TV records were broken and Cincy is still in their black hole. 

Edited by Hueyhog20

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

10 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Well, predictions changed over time.

The last I heard was that we were a packaged deal.

That made more sense, because we were another natural rivalry, our top media markets and other B12 schools would be guaranteed one game in Florida each year by taking both of us which would help their recruiting here.

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Hueyhog20 said:

That was before this past Black Friday. First time USF/UCF combo was good in the same season and the game had any meaning. TV records were broken and Cincy is still in their black hole. 

The Black Friday game had to help somehow. Not sure the criteria used when deciding on teams for expansion though. Some of they teams they had as the favorites for expansion were in smaller TV markets..

Edited by USFBulls727

2 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

The Black Friday game had to help somehow. Not sure the criteria used when deciding on teams for expansion though..

TV ratings are up there pretty high. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,023
  • Days Won:  469

Sharing the cash remains a problem.