• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Q will have go throw to beat UCF

Guest PCBull14
36 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I don't know how anyone can say this about last night's game.

When it mattered most we bottled it up and went conservative. End result? Two drives negative yards gained and a helluva boost to the UCF defense, game killer for USF. 

They put up 21 after that, we put up 8 on a busted coverage and helluva 2 point play by Q. 

Edited by PCBull14

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I don't know how anyone can say this about last night's game.

2 key drives when we were up 34-28. First drive run Tice into the line on 2nd and 10 for no gain then get holding on the next run killing the drive. Then the following drive try QB run up the middle and dump off pass to set up 3rd and long. All the while they couldn’t cover our receivers downfield or get any pass rush. Yes most of the game was opened up but once we got the lead I think the urgency to score was gone and CCS was trying to win 34-28. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

I've said it before and yesterday it happened again.  CCS does what it takes to GET or HOLD the lead, but not INCREASE the lead.  We go conservative WAY too early.  I know there were a few games where we did blow it out but not sure that was the coaches plan.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

16 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I've said it before and yesterday it happened again.  CCS does what it takes to GET or HOLD the lead, but not INCREASE the lead.  We go conservative WAY too early.  I know there were a few games where we did blow it out but not sure that was the coaches plan.

Yes this...he is the exact opposite of Taggart which I loved. Always going for more points...sure last years d was alot worse but this years also isnt great especially when closing games.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 11/25/2017 at 6:09 AM, PCBull14 said:

When it mattered most we bottled it up and went conservative. End result? Two drives negative yards gained and a helluva boost to the UCF defense, game killer for USF. 

They put up 21 after that, we put up 8 on a busted coverage and helluva 2 point play by Q. 

accurate statement

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 11/25/2017 at 6:40 AM, 79 Bull said:

also accurate

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,698

On 11/25/2017 at 9:09 AM, PCBull14 said:

Will you ever give credit when it's due or just point out the times they called conservative? That helluva play was a designed play called by the coach as was the busted play. You might not like the coaches but you provided examples of excellent play calls. 

P.S.  UCF punted the ball several times on 4th and very short. I thought that was conservative when they had the lead and they were around mid field. 

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:56 AM, Bulls On Parade said:

Yes this...he is the exact opposite of Taggart which I loved. Always going for more points...sure last years d was alot worse but this years also isnt great especially when closing games.

Wonder how much the less-effective offense this year was effective in resting the D more during the games and causing their improvement? 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

36 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Wonder how much the less-effective offense this year was effective in resting the D more during the games and causing their improvement? 

I do think a slower paced offense helped the defense...but between a 3 and out or a one play td ill take td all day long.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

What a waste of a performance.