• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Q will have go throw to beat UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I have read many times on the forum that they hope Q runs more this game. This is the opposite of what Q needs to do at least at first. Q and Gilbert will need to come out passing and execute early. Particularity dinks and dunks, and I don't mean bubble screens, I mean quick short routes.

We will need to pass to open the run against UCF. They will stack the box and they will put a spy on Q. They have FL speed and athelteism just like we do so we wont be able to out talent them. The good news is that should open up the passing game. If we can execute it will force UCF to change their game plan and then we can start running. This will be how we win.

Houston put a spy on Q and stack the box and I would expect to UCF to be more effective in doing so...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with you. Some of their players were preaching they have to contain him in the run game, he’ll have to throw in order for us to move the ball. Q has a good arm and is pretty accurate (aside from last game), I have confidence it may be a good thing to get skill players open in space. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,330

17 minutes ago, StPeteBull91 said:

I agree with you. Some of their players were preaching they have to contain him in the run game, he’ll have to throw in order for us to move the ball. Q has a good arm and is pretty accurate (aside from last game), I have confidence it may be a good thing to get skill players open in space. 

Um, when has he been accurate? He's a great college QB, but he's not a thrower.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Um, when has he been accurate? He's a great college QB, but he's not a thrower.

That’s not his game, but there’s only been a few times when he’s thrown in the past that I’ve been aggravated for wide open receivers that he has flat out missed. Last game was the only exception. 

Edited by StPeteBull91
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,592
  • Days Won:  6

I think the thought with Q running is for him to go all out in this game and finish his runs like last year.  It appears he’s been told to be a bit cautious this year.  He seems to hesitate and think before sliding or going OOB.  He just needs to flat out go with instinct and get the extra 5 yards or break through the last defenders in this game.

Just now, 79 Bull said:

I think the thought with Q running is for him to go all out in this game and finish his runs like last year.  It appears he’s been told to be a bit cautious this year.  He seems to hesitate and think before sliding or going OOB.  He just needs to flat out go with instinct and get the extra 5 yards or break through the last defenders in this game.

I.e. BJ Daniels FSU 2009

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,934
  • Days Won:  38

15 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I'm good with helicopter TD QF mode in this game.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Based on how our passing game looked last week UCF is going to take away the run and force us to beat them throwing. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  6

The little I have watched of UCiF this year I have seen them succeptable to the mobile QB so I personally feel it is opposite. Add in the rain and I think we have a big day on the ground. The way to beat the gnats is on the ground not the air.