• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Senior Day Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They would not show up anyway. We could score 100 a game and only 20k of us care

With this schedule I do agree with you.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

It’s the conference and teams we play against 

and the weather and we don't have an OCS.  :facepalm:  The true fans were there last night.  Harsh reality, but that was it.  Every year, it will grow.  Our early success, good conference and named opponents inflated that number with band-wagoners. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

13 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

and the weather and we don't have an OCS.  :facepalm:  The true fans were there last night.  Harsh reality, but that was it.  Every year, it will grow.  Our early success, good conference and named opponents inflated that number with band-wagoners. 

Most teams have bandwagon fans, its how sports is. I don't see the attendance growing much unless we start plaing teams people know. We really have to work hard to schedule more occ games.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

10 hours ago, Brad said:

Yes, huge part of it.  Plus, I believe, the alienation of some with the Leavitt deal.  I know people that to this day haven't gotten over that bout with incompetence by the AD and Prez even letting it get to where it did.  

We need to make a move, and it's not easy.  

Saw this last night and avoided responding but then saw this Quinton Flowers thread this morning and had to come back to it. USF football is about players like Q and Mike Love. If they're not supporting solely because of "that bout" they need to get the **** over it and realize that USF football is bigger than any coach, no matter what how much he did for this program ..... in my ever humble opinion.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

10 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

100% true.  No matter what, we are not playing for a national championship, and either are any of the teams on our schedule.  To the casual fan, this is JV.  It sucks.  This group of seniors deserved a better showing.   Glad I got in early to give them all a standing ovation.  Go Bulls!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

10 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

7 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

100% true.  No matter what, we are not playing for a national championship, and either are any of the teams on our schedule.  To the casual fan, this is JV.  It sucks.  This group of seniors deserved a better showing.   Glad I got in early to give them all a standing ovation.  Go Bulls!

Agree completely also ... and if we're stuck at this G5 level forever, the missing "fans" who couldn't get over the conference and teams we play against will probably be a key factor in keeping us here.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Saw this last night and avoided responding but then saw this Quinton Flowers thread this morning and had to come back to it. USF football is about players like Q and Mike Love. If they're not supporting solely because of "that bout" they need to get the **** over it and realize that USF football is bigger than any coach, no matter what how much he did for this program ..... in my ever humble opinion.

Thank you, people who think that are not real fans...certainly they don’t respect the athletic department programs. Yet, they will be the first candy asses who cry when we don’t get into a P5...they won’t even realize they were the ones who caused it to happen. 

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

11 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

Not to mention the Holtz years. All of these reasons are why our attendance is what it is. If we were playing Texas, Oaklahoma etc it wouldn’t be this way. I miss the old Big East days and playing West Virginia and teams people somewhat cared about. 

Yeah Leavit got fired for being an abusive liar, I don't think many fans mind that and the casual fan didn't really even care enough to know. Holtz and then even really most of the Taggart era were just an abysmal brand of football. Holtz would claim because he had to focus back on academics but the casual fan just didn't care.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

I graduated in 09 but I remember the stadium being packed.  When JL got fired the attendance started to decline. Holtz ran the program to the ground. WT built it up but the fans have never really got back into the stadium. I live a little over an hour away and it is hard for me to make all of the Thursday games. I have been to 4 games this year and only one of them was on Thursday. The only way to get fans in the stand is put a good product on the field, bring in bigger teams, and get more Saturday games.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

9 minutes ago, USF_Grouper said:

Yeah Leavit got fired for being an abusive liar, I don't think many fans mind that and the casual fan didn't really even care enough to know. Holtz and then even really most of the Taggart era were just an abysmal brand of football. Holtz would claim because he had to focus back on academics but the casual fan just didn't care.

The Holtz and early Taggart years, along with getting left behind is what caused this. I will continue to support USF and go to all the home games, but I'll be honest and say I miss the old days of the Big East. It was nice having more fans around in the stands and some visiting teams I really wanted to see. This year our home schedule in and ooc has been pretty boring.