• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey football team: "The Greatest USF Football Team Ever" is on the line!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

The 2007 team lost to 4 unranked teams if I remember correctly. Elon & FAU kept it close with us also. None of those teams wipe the floor with this year's UCF team IMO. We were really good for the first half of the 2007 season, but inconsistent outside that. We were destroyed by an unranked Rutgers in 2008 (49-16 at home), and 2009 (31-0). From 2006-2009, we were what our record said we were, a 4 or 5 loss team in one of the weaker BCS conferences.

LOL It amazes me by how awesome some fans make the older teams out to be. the older teams were good, but not deep which always hurt us at the 2nd half of the season or in the 2nd half of games.Some of those teams may have had a few better starters but the teams were not deep. This by far is our deepest team. Put this defense with last year's offense and we would have been unstoppable. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

They also faced Ray Rice and Jonathan Stewart!

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

The 2007 team lost to 4 unranked teams if I remember correctly. Elon & FAU kept it close with us also. None of those teams wipe the floor with this year's UCF team IMO. We were really good for the first half of the 2007 season, but inconsistent outside that. We were destroyed by an unranked Rutgers in 2008 (49-16 at home), and 2009 (31-0). From 2006-2009, we were what our record said we were, a 4 or 5 loss team in one of the weaker BCS conferences.

But hey...bring back CJL!  Blowout losses to Rutgers was right about when I started losing confidence in The Jim.  

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, mjadams said:

They also faced Ray Rice and Jonathan Stewart!

Rice started his habit of beating by single-handedly beating us.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Rice started his habit of beating by single-handedly beating us.

↑ :icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

4 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

Pulled this from tulsa's banter board...notice the bottom likes.

1. USF is good but it appears that some of AAC teams have started figuring out Strong and his approach on both sides of the ball and by watching tape of Texas and Louisville from past years. Apparently Strong does not adapt or adjust. 

39 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Very disturbing to read from a competitor's board.  Many of us think we've been outed and, now, so does the competition.

Meh ... that statement alone from a message board doesn't strike fear into my heart as evidence that our coaches have been "figured out."  Kind of like ambienknights saying, "trust me guys, Frost has already turned down the UF job."  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Meh ... that statement alone from a message board doesn't strike fear into my heart as evidence that our coaches have been "figured out."  Kind of like ambienknights saying, "trust me guys, Frost has already turned down the UF job."  

I would agree with you if it wasn't so easy to figure us out from the stands.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I could figure out that last year, on third and anything short of 6, it was QF RPO... every single time, but, knowing what was coming and stopping Flowers from moving the chains is a different game. If Stong lets him play, I don't care if you know whats coming, stopping Quinton is not an easy task.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

26 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

19 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

I could figure out that last year, on third and anything short of 6, it was QF RPO... every single time, but, knowing what was coming and stopping Flowers from moving the chains is a different game. If Stong lets him play, I don't care if you know whats coming, stopping Quinton is not an easy task.

Yeah, this is pretty much my point.  And hopefully, we get "UConn QF" if the next couple teams we play make Quinton throw.  He got in a groove in that game - hopefully that bodes well for us moving forward.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

2007 team is the ONLY one to shine on national tv, once, when it counted, then turds. Not my definition of great.

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Was Auburn not nationally televised?

3 hours ago, charsibb said:

Yes, but on ESPN, not one of the over-the-air-networks

But they didn't start on time, they showed another game until it was done, then cut over to USF-Auburn sometime after the first score

Wasn't WVU on a Friday night, so that wasn't on an over-the-air network either, was it?