• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey football team: "The Greatest USF Football Team Ever" is on the line!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Who cares if I am overlooking a team? I don’t play for the Bulls...I am speaking from a fans perspective. 

You can overlook them all you want.

I'm worried about our TEAM overlooking them.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

You can overlook them all you want.

I'm worried about our TEAM overlooking them.

No way...not with the senior leadership on this team. Plus they are going to be extra focused knowing that they are not getting any respect in from the playoff poll. Today at the press conference CCS was clear in what he said to the team: we have three games in front of us and they have to be won one at a time. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No way...not with the senior leadership on this team. Plus they are going to be extra focused knowing that they are not getting any respect in from the playoff poll. Today at the press conference CCS was clear in what he said to the team: we have three games in front of us and they have to be won one at a time. 

You know, over the YEARS I've heard coaches tell their players the exact same thing and yet it just doesn't always sink in with them. 

Just last night some players on our MBB team thought it would be an easy win and we all saw what happened.

10 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

You know, over the YEARS I've heard coaches tell their players the exact same thing and yet it just doesn't always sink in with them. 

Just last night some players on our MBB team thought it would be an easy win and we all saw what happened.

Again we have never had this many seniors...they listen...we will be fine. 

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

I am nervous that Temple beats UCF. I would love for them to be undefeated when USF rolls into town.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

TELL IT LIKE IT IS MAMABULL. LETS JUST BEAT TULSA

5 hours ago, Blackice12 said:

I am nervous that Temple beats UCF. I would love for them to be undefeated when USF rolls into town.

This is a real threat. USF will blow out Tulsa, but Temple could beat ucf. Forecast calls for cold and rain. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

They Suck?

They BEAT Houston 45 - 17 when they were a 14 point underdog.

I bet Houston fans (and probably their players) also thought they sucked before that drubbing.

They have NOTHING to lose, because they are NOT going bowling.

If their was ever a "spoiler" game, this would be it.

Mama I copied an excerpt from a Q. A. from another site with Tulsa...says it all.

4) You guys are 2-8 on the year but beat Houston pretty handily, how did that happen?

Hart: 1) It was our homecoming game, so our guys were pretty fired up. Also, we got blown out by Tulane the week before, so our guys were challenged and felt they had something to prove. 2) Poorly timed turnovers for Houston that put us in scoring position and we took advantage. 

That game hardly makes any sense. Our first 5 drives all ended in punts, and our last 5 drives all ended in touchdowns. Our first two scores came off of Houston turnovers that allowed us to start in their territory, and I guess our offense just got confidence after that point. We did run the ball for over 250 yards and averaged 5.5/carry which is ideal for our offense, but still only ended up with 12 more offensive yards than Houston did so I have no idea how we won by 25.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

Goes on to say after that win, teams started to put eight men in the box to stuff the run and make them throw... sound familiar?  However, it has been effective for the other teams.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, JTrue said:

The competition for "Best Team Ever" (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, maybe even CSH's 2010, 2016) handle all three of those teams. 2006-2009 wipe the floor with them.

The 2007 team lost to 4 unranked teams if I remember correctly. Elon & FAU kept it close with us also. None of those teams wipe the floor with this year's UCF team IMO. We were really good for the first half of the 2007 season, but inconsistent outside that. We were destroyed by an unranked Rutgers in 2008 (49-16 at home), and 2009 (31-0). From 2006-2009, we were what our record said we were, a 4 or 5 loss team in one of the weaker BCS conferences.