• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our Pain May be Short Lived

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Any school that hires Charlie Strong away from us simply hasn't done their homework.

Now if he keeps winning next season and the year after? Then maybe. This hasn't been a good year for him, regardless of our record.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

He's not a great engager like Leavitt or Skip Holtz.  He's soft spoken and introverted.  Not a great public speaker, just wants to coach football.  Everyone is different.  

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

22 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Yep.  He didn't do much to hurt the program.  UT has been irrelevant since 09.  He also didn't do much to help the program w/wins and losses.  

I wish you'd come to Philly and I'd take you out to A.C. so you could use your super power to tell me the next card out of the shoe.  Not sure what events you refer to, but I'll take your word for it.  If he has a better offer he should take it.  I would and if you or anyone else wouldn't you're a dummy.  Every job I've taken has been a better offer.  Worked out so far.

Yeah, because I said I was Ms Cleo... **** your dramatic dude

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

One game doesn't matter, no. But his entire body of work at USF has not impressed me. He has one system and this isn't the place his system works.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

Charlie and his staff look bored and uninspired and alas that has cost us a game we should have won. I will happily take the $2.5 million buyout to hire an and coming coach with more energy who actually wants to be here and doesn't look down on what we have. A guy like Larry Scott or Frank Wilson would be fine by me.   

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495

Florida will hire an offensive minded coach. They thought they were getting that last time, but got that kooky Jim.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Bulls Are We said:

Florida will hire an offensive minded coach. They thought they were getting that last time, but got that kooky Jim.  

Frosty will likely be the top target. He knows the state and will likely raise their profile. One of the few splash hires out there for them. I don’t think Mullen or some of the others would have the same impact 

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495

1 minute ago, SoFlo All Day said:

Charlie and his staff look bored and uninspired and alas that has cost us a game we should have won. I will happily take the $2.5 million buyout to hire an and coming coach with more energy who actually wants to be here and doesn't look down on what we have. A guy like Larry Scott or Frank Wilson would be fine by me.   

I know Scott was popular when he was here, but his offense at Tennesse has been garbage.  

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

No one is hiring away Strong this season.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194

4 minutes ago, Bulls Are We said:

I know Scott was popular when he was here, but his offense at Tennesse has been garbage.  

Yeah... his stock has probably fallen a bit because of Tennessee's crap performance. Fit and recruiting wise he would be great would just have to get a solid staff around him. I would not be opposed to rehiring David Reeves as OC. He does have the DUI thing going against him, but he probably knew the offense last year better than Taggart did. 

• Upvote 1