• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mack and Adams

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

We dont block downfield like the GCO did.  Im thinking part of the problem is Strong has been gearing practices too much towards the defense and not allowing for offensive creativity or pride in special teams.  We should be playing our best guys on special teams.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I don't see the speed with ball in their hands. When we do run the bubbles it goes for 3 yards. RBs have not been quick enough to get the edge. When we tried off tackle just got strung out. Except for a couple runs the RBs and WRs have been caught from behind all year. 

May be fast, not so much with the ball in their hands.

I think we had to go for a 4th and 1 late in the game because Scantling circles back and ran himself out of a first down.

Edited by usfgrad84

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, usfbullrider said:

We dont block downfield like the GCO did.  Im thinking part of the problem is Strong has been gearing practices too much towards the defense and not allowing for offensive creativity or pride in special teams.  We should be playing our best guys on special teams.

We don't block at the line of scrimmage. 2nd or 3rd and really long is an ongoing motif in this offensive scheme.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

That was made abundantly clear tonight. Ed O'Neill, Carr and their new QB were the three players that had comparable talent and they beat us.

2017-10-29-10-41-36--1374470108.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

15 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

MVS is supposedly the fastest on the team right?  Bubble screens were so successful for us last year, we could at least run it here and there.

oh, I forgot, Gilbert didn't watch much 2016 film ...

I've been thinking this all morning and was trying to see if anyone else had the same thought. Must of us thought this was a joke but I guess it was an accurate portrayal of what happened. He had no interest in what worked last year. Has I and others have said before - Ego.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,629
  • Days Won:  0

From JK's article.....our coach is an idiot. They stack the box so you continue to run right at them?

Of USF's 36 first-down plays Saturday, 23 were runs. The Bulls totaled 22 yards on those runs. 

The first seven -- all in the opening quarter -- netted minus-2 yards. Afterward, Coach Charlie Strong was asked if his offense is creative enough.

"They loaded the box, so...whatever they give you, you've got to take," he said. "They loaded the box on us, which prevented us from getting the big long runs. We were able to get the 3 or 4 yards, but we weren't able to just go get the chunk yards."