• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm tired of hearing about execution

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

But that's not what happened.  Players overcome coaching decisions all the time in football.  We had a chance to do that on 4th and 24 and the players failed.  That's what we call a fact.  What "should have happened" at the end of the day is meaningless.  At some point you have to face reality and stop dealing in idealism.

idealism? so the coaches make a terrible call and the players can;t make up for it on a fluke play and it's on them?  how many times have you seen a coach settle for a FG with 2 minutes left and then see the opponent drive down the field to win? I saw it from a mile away. it should never have come down to a fluke play. that's on the coaches.

what moron OC calls a quick draw on first down inside their 30 with 2 minutes left? they ran like 4 seconds off the clock.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Wildrover said:

Execution was terrible today but that might be because we have a coaching staff that is so myopic and dogmatic in their system that they can't see the forest for the trees.  CCS was gifted an offense that could have put 50+ on every opponent this season but his old school "get your nose in the dirt cause I had to"  way is ruining this team.  Gilbert is a horrible offensive coordinator.  One of the more electrifying, dynamic and prolific offenses in all of FBS, let alone the AAC has been neutered by a guy who is so attached to his idea of what an offense should be that he fails to recognize the need to adapt to change to the environment that he has is costing this team in spades.  It's not on him though its on CCS strong to call him into his office and say look 'what did this offense do last year,  that really seemed work, I want you to keep doing that"

Nope, rigid attachment to an ideal is more important than doing what needs to be done to win

$0.02

WR

CCS and Gilbert have destroyed one of the best offenses in college ball. I have been saying Gilbert should have been fired after the first and every game since. Tonight we suffered a loss that was unnecessary. CCS and Gilbert have basically taken our super QB and made him less than an average QB. The offense has never really been in sync this year. But boy sure do keep trying to run up the gut!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

idealism? so the coaches make a terrible call and the players can;t make up for it on a fluke play and it's on them?  how many times have you seen a coach settle for a FG with 2 minutes left and then see the opponent drive down the field to win? I saw it from a mile away. it should never have come down to a fluke play. that's on the coaches.

what moron OC calls a quick draw on first down inside their 30 with 2 minutes left? they ran like 4 seconds off the clock.

Yes, idealism.  So I can't get you off of it.  Got it.  

I do not disagree, but I also take each play for what it's worth. Its the real world.  Keep on living in your fantastic, idealistic world where everything happens the way it is supposed to, all the time.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

The offense is basic and unimaginative, the middle of the field is never tested and several proven offensive weapons in the passing game are ignored - primarily Johnson, Wilcox and Dillon.

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

Yes, idealism.  So I can't get you off of it.  Got it.  

I do not disagree, but I also take each play for what it's worth. Its the real world.  Keep on living in your fantastic, idealistic world where everything happens the way it is supposed to, all the time.

where did I say everything happens like it's supposed to? that's exactly why a coach shouldn't  let it come down to a fluke play.

they happen. 4th and 24 shouldn't happen but they do and settling for a FG with 2 minutes on the clock allows those type of plays to kill you. especially when you could have killed clock leading up to it even if you don't get the first down.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

You don't have the playmakers or speed to run the same offense as last year. That has been very clear for the last several games. No YAC from the receivers. No speed from the RBs to get the edge consistently. 

There are things Gilbert can do to get Flowers in space, same offense as last year wouldn't work. 

Looks to me that Q's philosophy this year has been different  in the past he would have taken off when receivers were covered. Seems to be staying in pocket longer this year. I would blame that on the coaches.  

1 minute ago, usfgrad84 said:

You don't have the playmakers or speed to run the same offense as last year. That has been very clear for the last several games. No YAC from the receivers. No speed from the RBs to get the edge consistently. 

There are things Gilbert can do to get Flowers in space, same offense as last year wouldn't work. 

Looks to me that Q's philosophy this year has been different  in the past he would have taken off when receivers were covered. Seems to be staying in pocket longer this year. I would blame that on the coaches.  

we don't have gamebreakers like adams and mack but Johnson was pretty **** good as a receiver out of backfield. TEs are huge mismatches. this guy does nothing to create and exploit mismatches.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

It was a complete failure all around in my opinion. But buck stops with the coaches. O was bottled up. Special teams weren't great and allowed the huge return on Houston's last. D collapsed in the 2nd half. Game awareness was terrible by the staff, playcallng was uninspired, lazy and predictable. Their adjustments smoked us and after our coaching staff throttling our offense for so long they couldn't turn it on and that's understandable.

This!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  41
  • Days Won:  0

It's on the coaches because with the offensive talent we have and the much improved defense this game should have so much daylight between the bulls and Houston at halftime that none of this is even discussed.  A fluke 4 and whatever at the end of the game means that they were let to hang around the whole game.  Given the offensive numbers we put up last year and the number of returning starters and the decision to alienate last year's playbook the fact that this is our fist loss is really nothing more than a testament to the critics who have been saying we've been getting by on a weak schedule, not our good football team

$0.02