• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Now what do we say to bash Jones?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I think that was the point of the article.  We, as fans, debate and complain about the lack of an OCS, we don't win by enough, etc.  Everything he said was accurate.  Let's enjoy it for what it is.  USF will most likely not win a Nat'l Championship in my lifetime. Hell, I'm not sure we'll win a conference championship.  But we need to appreciate this for what it is.  It is your school playing college football.  We're on a nice run. It should be a beautiful day for tailgating.  For 3.5 hours (hopefully that is all) we forget about our jobs, troubles, ex wives, etc.  

Well stated. I think many of us older alumni see it differently than those who are younger. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I think that was the point of the article.  We, as fans, debate and complain about the lack of an OCS, we don't win by enough, etc.  Everything he said was accurate.  Let's enjoy it for what it is.  USF will most likely not win a Nat'l Championship in my lifetime. Hell, I'm not sure we'll win a conference championship.  But we need to appreciate this for what it is.  It is your school playing college football.  We're on a nice run. It should be a beautiful day for tailgating.  For 3.5 hours (hopefully that is all) we forget about our jobs, troubles, ex wives, etc.  

I agree with this, BB....but your takeaway isn't what I read in that article.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

23 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Agree with with everything but the highlighted ...... we don't have crappy facilities. I think he's saying what a few have been saying in here for awhile, appreciate USF football for what it is, college football ... and in most cases here, YOUR college football. The ******* media has so programmed people that it's more than that simple. You have to be "relevant" to be worth following and way too many on here have swallowed that Kool Aid and make this board miserable at times .... You said it perfectly, "Let's enjoy it for what it is".

HAving said that, I will be waiting for TJ's other shoe to drop if we lose today ...

Edited by Triple B

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

So he's basically saying look at USF Football like we should look at TampaBayTimes and its correspondents - not the best in the world state and at many times downright disappointing, but they're ours to enjoy read?

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

So he's basically saying look at USF Football like we should look at TampaBayTimes and its correspondents - not the best in the world state and at many times downright disappointing, but they're ours to enjoy read?

:rollingeyes:

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

What a load of crap.

Admitting that you're insulting someone doesn't make it not an insult.

This is as snide and sarcastic as can be.

What a dirtbag.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Tom Jones?

dr;dc 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Brad said:

They have a "nice little" sports section over there. 😉

• Upvote 1