• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Now what do we say to bash Jones?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

2 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

It was a terrible article.  Its like he was straining to say something nice. 

He was saying what we battle about on here all the time.  I thought it was spot on.  There always seems to be a "but" in anything we do - from the fans to the media to our head coach (attendance issue).  I fall into that as well.  I'd like to see us win more handily but the fact is we're 7 - 0 and have the longest win streak in the nation.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Basically...

So what if USF has crappy facilities? So what if USF has bad  attendance? So what if USF is always going to be small potatoes in college football? Let's just accept USF for what it is!

I don't know that I'd call it a "positive" article. There's good things in there but it's still a bunch of jabs disguised as praise.

Does anyone really think the local media has come to a moment of self realization? Say we lose to Houston. Are Jones et al going to write about how we're still alive in the AAC/NY6 and that the War on I4 could be the highest stake game in our history? Or will it be a told ya so article about how USF proved in front of a sparse RJS crowd that it wasn't ready for the big time and is losing ground to UCF who we beat 64-12 ten years ago?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I didn't know we had crappy facilities.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Apis Bull said:

Beat me to it. Is this true? I thought we had pretty good facilities. Maybe not better than UF and FSU but not bad. I did read somewhere on this board that they were starting to get dated. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Yeah, that's the major issue I had with the article. I would absolutely love to know when the last time that PoS stepped foot on campus. 

Edited by goldenbrahm1996

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

He neutralized all his positives with underhanded compliments. It will be tough for USF to get to the FSU and UF of the world. But running a clean program, getting an OCS, playing the best schedule possible and competing is all a fan can hope for.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

I think we are better than Alabama and Clemson because USF is my alma mater! Also, I don't ever say that USF cannot accomplish something. We don't settle and we have a track record of proving people wrong.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

11 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

Basically...

So what if USF has crappy facilities? So what if USF has bad  attendance? So what if USF is always going to be small potatoes in college football? Let's just accept USF for what it is!

I don't know that I'd call it a "positive" article. 

Dude is still a turd,  no doubt about it.

Why would I read anything that starts like that from a jackass like that guy?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

1 minute ago, Blackice12 said:

He neutralized all his positives with underhanded compliments. It will be tough for USF to get to the FSU and UF of the world. But running a clean program, getting an OCS, playing the best schedule possible and competing is all a fan can hope for.

I think that was the point of the article.  We, as fans, debate and complain about the lack of an OCS, we don't win by enough, etc.  Everything he said was accurate.  Let's enjoy it for what it is.  USF will most likely not win a Nat'l Championship in my lifetime. Hell, I'm not sure we'll win a conference championship.  But we need to appreciate this for what it is.  It is your school playing college football.  We're on a nice run. It should be a beautiful day for tailgating.  For 3.5 hours (hopefully that is all) we forget about our jobs, troubles, ex wives, etc.