• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Week 9 Games of Interest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

The rule may be crap, but seriously, how hard is it not to showboat before you actually get into the end zone?  That's like the guys who used to flip the ball as they scored, the only problem was that a few did it before they actually crossed the goal line.  Also, celebration rules are stricter in HS, so it's not like they've come to a stricter system and have to learn.

Agree but it should not take a TD away. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

How would you like to be Tulsa this morning? You beat SMU but the refs took it away. Terrible!

I dunno about Tulsa but that game was apart of my 7 team teaser. The score I teased it to? SMU -3.5. So I’m pretty ecstatic. 

Edited by 206BULL

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Agree but it should not take a TD away. 

Maybe, but that is the rule

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

AAC refs tend to call in favor of the top teams in the league. It helps leagues status to have a 6-2 SMU at the expense of Tulsa. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

8 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

AAC refs tend to call in favor of the top teams in the league. It helps leagues status to have a 6-2 SMU at the expense of Tulsa. 

I don't know about that, but per the rule, the call was correct.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, James Gaddis said:

He went on to say the AAC pecking order is UCF, Memphis, USF. I love that this gets to be decided on the field.

Nice locker room material. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:
1 hour ago, bullsfan1983 said:

I don't know about that, but per the rule, the call was correct.

Then the rule is wrong.

As soon as the ball crosses the line, a TD is scored, and the play is OVER. Full stop. Points stand. Regardless of what follows.

If anything happens after the play, they cannot go back and change the results of the previous play. EVERY other penalty in football is like this. This rule must die!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Much as I would like to hope the refs would call the game in favor of the front-runners (it's for the good of the league), there is no conspiracy here.

If it ever got out, the entire league would be kicked out of the NCAA. So, no, it's not happening. Every individual ref has their own bias, and they all make mistakes, but there's no "there" there on this.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  97
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, charsibb said:

Then the rule is wrong.

As soon as the ball crosses the line, a TD is scored, and the play is OVER. Full stop. Points stand. Regardless of what follows.

If anything happens after the play, they cannot go back and change the results of the previous play. EVERY other penalty in football is like this. This rule must die!

But the flag was thrown before the TD. The guy dance stepped on the 15 yard like or whatever it was. So technically it was blown dead right there.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Then the rule is wrong.

It was before he was in the endzone, but it was a horrible flag and is a horrible rule. That was not unsportsmanlike.... dude just had a rush after a big play.