• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My biggest issue with this team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Or like the old Big East basketball refs, whose motto was "Let them play!"

I thought it was “let them fight”..,,

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Kick returns ... Scantling's return last night was the longest of the season.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  50
  • Days Won:  1

My biggest problem is this team scoring so fast. I go to the kitchen to get a beer and we already have 14 points on the board. Houston is gonna get tombstoned piledrived next week and it’s not gonna be pretty!!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Yep.  I felt really bad for Tulane yesterday morning.  We were on campus and talked to a couple students who had no idea there was a game that night.  I think Bulls fans outnumbered Wave fans in the seats.  With our corner and those that got tickets on the visitor side 50 yardline section, I'd guess there were over 3,000 of us.  The Tulane home side was EMPTY, maybe 10% of the seats had people in them.  Either no one goes to their games or the Glazer Club is REALLY nice to hang out in.  Had to be maybe 1,000 students there at the beginning of the 2nd quarter and most of them bailed at half time.  Nice to know it's not just us.  Did you see the Miami stands yesterday?

Best part about the Miami game is that they announced 56,198....for a stadium that only holds 64,000. There were easily 20-25k empty seats there. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, E.T. said:

FSU stands were also quite sparse.

I saw the final field goal shot. Stands were empty and the game was competitive. It wasn't a loss until that final field goal.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Agree penalties and closing games these areas we need improving...and also kick blocking.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

2 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Agree penalties and closing games these areas we need improving...and also kick blocking.

We've also had several  punts and other kicks being nearly blocked as well. Strange that they can't get that corrected. It's like Raymond Woodie is our Special Teams coach.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960

Mine is the slow starts. There is no urgency out of the gate. If we continue to come out flat, we will lose against better competition. This is the reason why I'm nervous for Mickey Mouse U. 

Edited by michibull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

47 minutes ago, michibull said:

Mine is the slow starts. There is no urgency out of the gate. If we continue to come out flat, we will lose against better competition. This is the reason why I'm nervous for Mickey Mouse U. 

Could have sworn we scored on our first possession ...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960

33 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Could have sworn we scored on our first possession ...

So, 5 out of 7 games we score 7 points or less in the first quarter; against San Jose St, Stoney Brook, Temple, Cincinnati and Tulane (not exactly solid defenses). We may not pick our schedule, but we do control how we play. Scoring on our first drive against Tulane is not a good example of coming out ready to dominate. We are much better than everyone on our schedule, but we don't come out like it. There's no reason we shouldn't be blowing everyone out. That is what was expected, but we are not. Yes, penalties and special teams are not good, but attitude has a lot to do with it and I don't see that business like attitude from start to finish. 

• Upvote 2