• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well we held on ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732
  • Days Won:  0

If you want to feel better, go look at how WVU won just now against 0-7 Baylor. Ugly win = Win.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  441
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, James Gaddis said:

If you want to feel better, go look at how WVU won just now against 0-7 Baylor. Ugly win = Win.

I saw they did what we did. Up big after 3 and allow the other team to come all the way back and hold on. Though they were closer to losing than we were.   

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151

My thoughts:

Poor coaching in all 3 areas. 

Poor play calling on offense. 

Poor offensive coaching, ex. If running back is to go up middle but no hole, then he should go to outside. 

No killer instinct, say like Bama. 

We seem now to be playing to the level of our opponents instead of what we are capable of. 

Where is the offense that Strong ran when he was at Louisville. That was wide open, not this conservative crap. 

I'll take heat for this but Flowers is a heck of an athlete but a fair and inconsistent QB. If not for his running ability, he'd never be the starter. 

Tulane was a poor win and we deserve to drop in the rankings. 

At this point the way we're playing, we'll be beat by at least Houston and as much as I hate to say it, UCF. And Navy is another possibility. 

Something has to change quick if we're going to win the conference championship as predicted. That means better coaching overall and better execution on the field and a different mindset in the players to not give up or let up until the final buzzer sounds. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Z Bull said:

My thoughts:

Poor offensive coaching, ex. If running back is to go up middle but no hole, then he should go to outside. 

We seem now to be playing to the level of our opponents instead of what we are capable of. 

Where is the offense that Strong ran when he was at Louisville. That was wide open, not this conservative crap. 

I'll take heat for this but Flowers is a heck of an athlete but a fair and inconsistent QB. If not for his running ability, he'd never be the starter. 

At this point the way we're playing, we'll be beat by at least Houston and as much as I hate to say it, UCF. And Navy is another possibility. 

Something has to change quick if we're going to win the conference championship as predicted. That means better coaching overall and better execution on the field and a different mindset in the players to not give up or let up until the final buzzer sounds. 

On point 7: if Q was not QB we would be 3-4 right now. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,628

1 hour ago, Z Bull said:

My thoughts:

We don't play Navy. Only way we would is in the conference championship. If we make it to that game I'd say all of this freaking out is for naught 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

Lots of doom and gloom on here.

We currently have the longest winning streak in the country and have scored at least 30 in 23(?) straight games. First time in program history we are 7-0. How soon some forget the state of the program when Willie took over. We were a joke getting killed by McChees St. and FAU at home. Remember how difficult it was for the Matt Floyd/Bench offense to find the endzone? 

Newsflash: we are not Alabama. We aren't going to simply roll every single team over. Look at SD State, everyone thought they were going to run the table after they beat Stanford and ASU, and yet they lost last week and got destroyed by Wyoming tonight. 

Yes, the defense collapsed in the fourth quarter. But they have been great all year and you shouldn't let one quarter define them. Don't forget that they lead the league in interceptions! 

The offense clearly isn't what it was last year under Taggert. It might simply come down to coaching or it might be the loss of Mack and some other players, but we still are putting up 30 plus points a game. They are going to have to start letting QF take more shots down the field because tonight we showed we have receivers that can make plays.

Edited by Leviathan
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314

The offense is soooooo wasteful. So many points once again left out there. HATE the draw up the middle.

That said..... 7-0.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,628

1 hour ago, Leviathan said:

Lots of doom and gloom on here.

We currently have the longest winning streak in the country and have scored at least 30 in 23(?) straight games. First time in program history we are 7-0. How soon some forget the state of the program when Willie took over. We were a joke getting killed by McChees St. and FAU at home. Remember how difficult it was for the Matt Floyd/Bench offense to find the endzone? 

Newsflash: we are not Alabama. We aren't going to simply roll every single team over. Look at SD State, everyone thought they were going to run the table after they beat Stanford and ASU, and yet they lost last week and got destroyed by Wyoming tonight. 

Yes, the defense collapsed in the fourth quarter. But they have been great all year and you shouldn't let one quarter define them. Don't forget that they lead the league in interceptions! 

The offense clearly isn't what it was last year under Taggert. It might simply come down to coaching or it might be the loss of Mack and some other players, but we still are putting up 30 plus points a game. They are going to have to start letting QF take more shots down the field because tonight we showed we have receivers that can make plays.

Your rational thoughts are not allowed here! We're 7-0, but we're basically the worst team in the nation. Don't you see that!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

6 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

Our team has no swagger like last year. We are plain and boring like CCS

#slowcoast

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

The level of defeatism on the bulls pen floors me at times. This is the first time a team has been able to play keep away successfully,  mixed with our offense taking the foot off of the gas, equaled a tired defense, which lead to easy scores by a talented/inspired football team.

I don't know if you all forgot what we looked like as we put up 33 points or what,  but we looked **** good when we weren't starting in our own endzone. The offense was less conservative, QF legs and arms were used effectively, and the run game was punishing. 

We had a nightmare quarter BUT we could've scored again easy. It honestly felt like Coach Charlie Strong was simply happy keeping the streak alive. That mixed with some poor execution and boom our offense stalls.

Lucky for us and these moving standards... We don't play a semi legit threat until the end of the season. Every week we "face a real test" until we beat them and then we suck for not beating them enough. We're 7-0 and I don't see a team in this conference that can beat us. 

I'll happily take the stressful and joyous ride to an undefeated season, conference championship, and NY6 day bowl win  (assuming our NFL caliber players still play in that game.) That game simply had a momentum swing towards the very end. If needed, we could've scored more and kept fighting. Lesson learned by the coaches and team 🤞🏿🤞🏿🤞🏿.

• Upvote 1