• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tony Dungy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

54 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Glad to see that you guys have it ALL figured out!!!

Is this his last job, no. Is he likely to go to somewhere else than Bugaha Nebraska? That would be my guess.

I would bet, he will see his first recruiting class graduate, then he leaves

We said the same thing last year too. These guys follow $ and national championship opportunities. Hope he does stay for the sake of the conference but I just don’t see it happening. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

55 minutes ago, ambienknights said:

Frost was offered the Colorado State, Syracuse, and possibly the Maryland job. Turned them all down for 0-12 UCF when that coaching carousel had a record number of openings.The Maryland offer wasn't confirmed but his parents let it slip in an interview they did for a Nebraska newspaper that he was in the mix there. There were also reports that Frost told some of his former teammates and coaches that he was eyeing the UCF opening for years. Todd McShay said today that he thinks Frost should stay at UCF vs going to Nebraska. 

I would be more worried about UF taking him. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

The other AAC teams need SF to leave to have a chance in the  coming years. Many of you have said, he wont even coach the potential 2017 season bowl game. I'll be taking bets, for those so convinced.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

1 minute ago, footnfan1 said:

The other AAC teams need SF to leave to have a chance in the  coming years. Many of you have said, he wont even coach the potential 2017 season bowl game. I'll be taking bets, for those so convinced.

We thought the same thing about Taggart midway through last season. :smileys-money-702364:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, ambienknights said:

Frost was offered the Colorado State, Syracuse, and possibly the Maryland job. Turned them all down for 0-12 UCF when that coaching carousel had a record number of openings.The Maryland offer wasn't confirmed but his parents let it slip in an interview they did for a Nebraska newspaper that he was in the mix there. There were also reports that Frost told some of his former teammates and coaches that he was eyeing the UCF opening for years. Todd McShay said today that he thinks Frost should stay at UCF vs going to Nebraska. 

What were McShay's reasons for suggesting that he stay?  Obviously there is less pressure and expectation at UCF but would be surprised that anyone would suggest that it's a better opportunity than Nebraska.  Regardless of whether it's UCF or any of the other G5 schools, seems like it would be hard to make a solid argument for sticking around in the current environment where there is a clear divide.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Hard to resist alma mater when she comes a'callin'.  Especially if they're opening up the coffers.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

11 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Hard to resist alma mater when she comes a'callin'.  Especially if they're opening up the coffers.

Hard to resist that B1G and Nike money. 

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

18 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I am not sure what hell bent means, but if he is encouraging Nebraska to hire Frost.....isn't that working in our favor? lol

Get bent means to screw off, F-U, etc...

As someone else mentioned (and granted its from the perspective of a USF fan), I found it odd that he wanted Taggart to get out of town ASAP but is encouraging Scott Frost to stay and build something "special". It is probably random. Or maybe he doesn't like the program in Tampa over something? Or maybe he wants Frost to stay put because he is white and he is going to promote a black coach for that gig? This is the internet and its fun to speculate.

It would be amazing if Frost left and have no bones about rooting for it, just like how Cent Florida fans rooted for Taggart leaving last season. It would create uncertainty for that program and while they may get lucky like us and have an established coach fall into their laps, they may end up with an over-the-hill coach or miss on an up and comer. I set my calendar based on UCF 0-12 seasons.

Edited by Capital H

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, TheBullies said:

Case in point Willie.

Willie did not have a good relationship with your Athletic Director and some of your Boosters. There were talks a full year before he took the Oregon job and I think if that relationship was better he might have stayed at USF longer and waited for a job in the South(like Tennessee) which I thought he would be a better fit for anyway.

I know your fans will root for anything that you think hurts our Program but to be honest it's not good for either Program if we keep having this coaching turnover. It will create apathy. Although not likely I hope both Strong and Frost are still at both schools in 3 years

4 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Hard to resist that B1G and Nike money. 

Nebraska is an Adidas school.