• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

they would rather play Michigan on the road in front of 100k+ fans and a 1-aa team at home instead of  UMass in a home and home

27 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

yes it is easy. they changed their OOC scheduling philosophy. it's for the worse.

26 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

no it's not. top programs would line up to play a quality opponent like us in a one and done.

With your apparent wealth of inside knowledge I can't tell if you're a high school recruit, work for USF Athletics or work in the AD of a top program ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

16 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

There are programs I would take a 1-and-done for:

Michigan

Ohio State

Penn State

Southern Cal

Alabama

Clemson

Notre Dame

Oklahoma

What he said. Except for Clemson. I like Dabo sweeney

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

so in other words  you have no reason why Southern Miss can sign these deals but we couldn't

Louisianna-Lafayette $1.525M to play Ole Miss

$1.25M to play Texas A&M

so sunbelt and cusa teams can get these deals but we can't??

26 games according to usa today where a power 5 is paying $1M+ to a lower level FBS program for a one and done this year but we can't get one?

I think the challenge is that while we're not considered a "quality" opponent per the P5 standard, there's still a decent chance that we beat some of these P5 schools that we'd like to have one and done deals with.  From their standpoint, they are better off either paying a Louisiana-Lafayette level school for a guaranteed win or taking a chance against a "quality" opponent so that a loss doesn't hurt them as bad.  It sucks for us but I'm guessing that it actually is easier for Sunbelt and CUSA teams to get those one and done paydays.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

With your apparent wealth of inside knowledge I can't tell if you're a high school recruit, work for USF Athletics or work in the AD of a top program ....

only you would think playing in front of 15k fans in tampa against UMass would be more of a draw for a student athlete than playing in front of 100k+ in Michigan.

the market prices for one and done games( getting close to $2M ) shows that there is limited supply of traveling teams and great demand from P5 teams.

5 minutes ago, cdub3511 said:

I think the challenge is that while we're not considered a "quality" opponent per the P5 standard, there's still a decent chance that we beat some of these P5 schools that we'd like to have one and done deals with.  From their standpoint, they are better off either paying a Louisiana-Lafayette level school for a guaranteed win or taking a chance against a "quality" opponent so that a loss doesn't hurt them as bad.  It sucks for us but I'm guessing that it actually is easier for Sunbelt and CUSA teams to get those one and done paydays.

I can't believe people believe this myth that teams are afraid to play us.

we've never even won our conference.

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I can't believe people believe this myth that teams are afraid to play us.

Jesus!  He didn't say they were afraid, he said they are better off playing, a "guaranteed win" of a really high level opponent where a loss doesn't hurt as much

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

only you would think playing in front of 15k fans in tampa against UMass would be more of a draw for a student athlete than playing in front of 100k+ in Michigan.

Thanks, Straw Man .... What I'm saying is that unless you're a hs recruit, you have no clue how big, if even at all, future schedules regularly comes into play in making a decision .... unless of course that recruit is choosing between us and Michigan.

2 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Jesus!  He didn't say they were afraid, he said they are better off playing, a "guaranteed win" of a really high level opponent where a loss doesn't hurt as much

I thought you tapped out ....?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I thought you tapped out ....?

pull-me-back-in.gif?w=500&h=227

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

the problem is you're only looking at one side of that argument. a win against us would be better than both a win against c-usa or sunbelt and a loss against more quality opponent.