• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, Bull94 said:

no it's not. top programs would line up to play a quality opponent like us in a one and done.

We're not looked at as a quality opponent.  The P5 conferences have defined their quality opponents, and we're not one of them.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, Apis Bull said:

We're not looked at as a quality opponent.  The P5 conferences have defined their quality opponents, and we're not one of them.

whatever. so a current top 25 USF wouldn't be considered quality when the playoff committee looks at a resume?

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, Bull94 said:

that's bunk. teams are scheduling quality programs now more than ever. the probl;em is we aren't willing to do those deals. they would jump at the chance to sign a quality opponent at home for a 1 game deal.

I don't disagree about taking a one and done deal. I've said before I will take the SOS and the payday any year. I do think it's not as easy as raising your hand and saying you'll take the one and done though.

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

40 minutes ago, usf97 said:

The 2019 slate is basically set.

8/31 Wisconsin

9/07 AT Georgia Tech

9/14 at Central Michigan

I can guarantee you that slot you reference WILL be a home game and it won't be anyone as good as Central Michigan. Think more like FAMU, Bethune Cookman University, Georgia Southern, East Mississippi Community College, etc.

You know the drill. A better question would be, when is the last season we haven't played a FCS team? Looks like 2020 we won't.

You are probably right that we will end up scheduling a lower quality opponent as the last OOC game but here are some schools that still have an OOC slot open for 2019:

P5:

TCU

UF (they also have Miami and FSU on the '19 schedule)

Bama

Arkansas

Cal

FSU

Miami

G5:

Boise St

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

whatever. so a current top 25 USF wouldn't be considered quality when the playoff committee looks at a resume?

That's different.  The P5 conference have OOC scheduling rules.  We are not, by those rules, a quality opponent.  So, no, they wouldn't be lined up to play us.  They get a perceived better opponent and a bigger payday for themselves to play another P5 team in a neutral site game.  In any event, you keep believing that it's easy, I know now that there's no way to convince you otherwise.

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

That's different.  The P5 conference have OOC scheduling rules.  We are not, by those rules, a quality opponent.  So, no, they wouldn't be lined up to play us.  They get a perceived better opponent and a bigger payday for themselves to play another P5 team in a neutral site game.  In any event, you keep believing that it's easy, I know now that there's no way to convince you otherwise.

Southern Miss is getting paid $1.7M for playing Auburn in 2018 and $1.85M for playing them in 2020. they got paid $1.4M for playing Alabama in 2014.

are we not considered at least on Southern Miss' level? would we be considered a better opponent?

you go ahead and keep thinking it's impossible for us to sign these deals while teams lower than us gobble up all that revenue and their fans get to travel to see their teams play in a great college atmosphere

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Southern Miss is getting paid $1.7M for playing Auburn in 2018 and $1.85M for playing them in 2020. they got paid $1.4M for playing Alabama in 2014.

are we not considered at least on Southern Miss' level? would we be considered a better opponent?

you go ahead and keep thinking it's impossible for us to sign these deals while teams lower than us gobble up all that revenue and their fans get to travel to see their teams play in a great college atmosphere

You've worn me down.  I'm done.  You win through attrition.

9 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I don't disagree about taking a one and done deal. I've said before I will take the SOS and the payday any year. I do think it's not as easy as raising your hand and saying you'll take the one and done though.

look at what these schools are paying for one and done deals. If they had no trouble getting quality opponents then they wouldn't be paying over $1.5M for some of these games.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

There are programs I would take a 1-and-done for:

Michigan

Ohio State

Penn State

Southern Cal

Alabama

Clemson

Notre Dame

Oklahoma

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

You've worn me down.  I'm done.  You win through attrition.

so in other words  you have no reason why Southern Miss can sign these deals but we couldn't

Louisianna-Lafayette $1.525M to play Ole Miss

$1.25M to play Texas A&M

so sunbelt and cusa teams can get these deals but we can't??

26 games according to usa today where a power 5 is paying $1M+ to a lower level FBS program for a one and done this year but we can't get one?