• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I don't think anyone is beating down our door to get us to play a "pay game".

Right now we are booked up through 2020. 2022 is mostly booked up also.

We may be waiting to see how the Conference/Network TV deals look like after 2019 before we book out too far.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

Last One & Done pay game was at Notre Dame?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

anyone. anytime. anywhere.

we are not on a level where we can get good 1 for 1 games. personally I love going to a great road game against a traditional power and experiencing their game day atmosphere. That';s how you build a top [program. Kids want to play in front of 100k+ in the big house. They don't want to play Illinois or Indiana even if it means a 1 for 1 deal. As a fan I don't want to either. Rather us play at Michigan and then a 1 aa team the next year than play a home and home with indiana or even Illinois.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

50 minutes ago, bullcocky101 said:

Miami was a nobody until they lined up a few years of schedules including the best teams in the country on the road and then proceeded to beat them. It's a risk...if you schedule those teams with no return game, you need to win. Imagine the crowd for the home game after beating Ohio State on the road and jumping into the top 10?

The landscape of college football has change dramatically since then.

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

anyone. anytime. anywhere.

we are not on a level where we can get good 1 for 1 games. personally I love going to a great road game against a traditional power and experiencing their game day atmosphere. That';s how you build a top [program. Kids want to play in front of 100k+ in the big house. They don't want to play Illinois or Indiana even if it means a 1 for 1 deal. As a fan I don't want to either. Rather us play at Michigan and then a 1 aa team the next year than play a home and home with indiana or even Illinois.

A lot of the kids choose us because they can play in front of their families.  Playing most of our games on the road negates that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

A lot of the kids choose us because they can play in front of their families.  Playing most of our games on the road negates that.

where did I say play most of our games on the road? I think we should have at least one pay day game a year. There is no need for us to have 7 home games a year.

we are not in a position to get good opponents at home. we need to play them on the road. for a big pay day.

we can still play our conference home games and our traditional sisters of the poor sacrificial game every year. Playing Illinois or Indiana in a one for one doesn't move the needle. Give me a game at michigan and then a 1-aa home game any day.

Our OOC schedules have gotten much worse since we started thinking we shouldn't play these pay day games. I remember the good old days when we played teams like Penn State, Auburn, Alabama, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, etc. Now it's Illinois or Indiana. blah

• Upvote 4

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

I am with Bull94 !

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

It wouldn't change the amount of games on the road, just the quality of such. I don't think you lose any recruits by playing Michigan on the road instead of traveling to UMass or San Jose St. In fact, you probably gain leverage 

Since we don't count as a P5 game for most of the P5 conferences, I don't think you'll see them lining up to play us even if we agree to a one and done.  Why would Michigan play us, when they could play, say FSU on a neutral field for a lot more money.  If they lose, it's looked at as a good loss.  A loss to us, at least right now, would not.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I think scheduling is going to be a challenge for us now that we are winning again.

This year is the weakest schedule we have had in quite some time if ever.

Next year we play Georgia Tech.

2019 we have GT and Wisconsin.

2020 Texas

2021 BYU

2022 Texas and BYU

2024 Texas

We probably could line up a 1 and 1 with SDSU or Boise State and it would pull some ratings. Maybe some interest. I can't see where anyone else is going to want to play us. Maybe someone who doesn't generally win who recruits here like an Iowa State but I doubt that would excite anybody.