• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Comparing ucf & USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

Have her call me. Mixing professional and business programs is a great idea.

BBA's are good, but an MBA after a BBA is a waste.

Professional grad programs expect you to have the same or similar undergrad.

Professional undergrad's get a string foundation in the field, add the MBA to learn how to run the business too. I'd recommend Engineering undergrad plus an MBA

Thanks. I appreciate the advice. We actually have a full year to think things over as she is only a Jr. but you have given us another layer of context to consider. I’ll keep you up to date. Right now I am hoping she likes USF but there are a lot of universities for her to consider. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Thanks. I appreciate the advice. We actually have a full year to think things over as she is only a Jr. but you have given us another layer of context to consider. I’ll keep you up to date. Right now I am hoping she likes USF but there are a lot of universities for her to consider. 

Can't she go for free up there?

9 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Can't she go for free up there?

Yep, full ride. But she wants to go to the south (relatives are down there). Visited UGA, GT, USC, and a Charleston Southern. She will take a tour of BC and BU but I don’t tbink they are in the cards just yet. Also,  I think she does not want to go to university where her father is a professor at. LOL. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

35 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yep, full ride. But she wants to go to the south (relatives are down there). Visited UGA, GT, USC, and a Charleston Southern. She will take a tour of BC and BU but I don’t tbink they are in the cards just yet. Also,  I think she does not want to go to university where her father is a professor at. LOL. 

That's a weird list, don't see the common thread... Hopefully, she just chooses USF.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, Bear said:

USF just opened up The Villages;

how does the student environment compare at both schools (Even without our OCS)

current USF students can give an update but I heard that there still isn't much open late night or on weekends

UCF has a a pretty active campus even at night and in the immediate area. Which makes it frustrating that we don't sell out the Football stadium more often bc there is definitely enough people all over Campus tailgating to fill up that Stadium. Burger U is great and Gringos Locos(late night Mexican restaurant in Downtown Orlando open till 3am) is opening a location On Campus in Knight Plaza near the Basketball Arena.

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

That's a weird list, don't see the common thread... Hopefully, she just chooses USF.

The one thing they have in common is that they are large state institutions (BU is the exception). She hates the small liberal arts schools that up here. Yeah, I kind of hope it is USF but it is a long way from home. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

This may or may not mean anything, but this year's UCF team, so far anyway, looks to be clearly better on both sides of the ball than 2016 Temple, our only conference loss last year. Has me comparing last year's Bulls team to this year. I think with the defensive improvements, and the offense (running game particularly) getting in gear, this year's team is actually better....but I could see us possibly being as much as 8-10 underdogs in that game. UCF is looking really good. A lot can change between now and then though...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

22 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

This may or may not mean anything, but this year's UCF team, so far anyway, looks to be clearly better on both sides of the ball than 2016 Temple, our only conference loss last year. Has me comparing last year's Bulls team to this year. I think with the defensive improvements, and the offense (running game particularly) getting in gear, this year's team is actually better....but I could see us possibly being as much as 8-10 underdogs in that game. UCF is looking really good. A lot can change between now and then though...

Maybe it's my green and gold goggles but I just don't see it. They haven't faced any adversity on the field. I'll save my acknowledgment pic their prowess for when I see them go up against an opponent with some fight in them.

Now that they're top 25, they'll have a target on their back. Let's see how they do. Looking at their schedule,  their only real challenge before us is Navy. So I'll reserve true judgment until then. Away game plus a team with a pulse. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I think UCF is probably really good.... I haven't seen much of all of their games, but the little I have seen it looks like aren't missing any beats... 

not sure Flowers hat tricks will be enough to defeat UCF. The coaches will have to show up for this one. Strong laid some eggs at Texas and the bumbling start of our team this year. We can't dismiss this UCF squad like we have the rest of the schedule.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

My fear - they throw to the tight ends and we have trouble covering them.