• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Comparing ucf & USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, George Jenkins said:

And let's not forget, UCF has herpes, while USF is free of STDs.

#REALNEWS

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

We're good and they are less good

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, JoeB said:

We need to root for UCF to have two losses before we play them, so we can be ensured of an AAC East title.  Anything less than that, we have to beat them in Orlando on the last week of the season in a do or die scenario.  I'd rather not have to deal with that on the road in a hostile enviroment with everything on the line.  Doesn't anyone else see this logic?

Totally get the logic but I would rather win a do or die in their stadium. How exciting would that be to walk out of there the winner and then get an I-4 car/truck honking parade back!

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Just now, fhemmer209 said:

Totally get the logic but I would rather win a do or die in their stadium. How exciting would that be to walk out of there the winner and then get an I-4 car/truck honking parade back!

I'd rather walk out with a win either way.  A loss would be crushing, especially this year knowing we don't have QF and half of our team coming back for next year.  I think you are only thinking of this on one side.  We could lose this game...not sure people realize this.  In years past it wasn't much of a concern.  If you look back on all of the matchups, the better team has always won.  Normally the better team was tons better than the other side.  Really the only time it was in jeopardy was the Blake Bortles team that barely beat our worst team.  Mike White threw a pick at the end to seal it.  We also had a lead with about 4 minutes left in the game trying to run the clock out before UCF got the ball and threw a bomb for a TD, before said Mike White pick.  Maybe not everyone remembers USF Football history like I do...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, JoeB said:

We need to root for UCF to have two losses before we play them, so we can be ensured of an AAC East title.  Anything less than that, we have to beat them in Orlando on the last week of the season in a do or die scenario.  I'd rather not have to deal with that on the road in a hostile enviroment with everything on the line.  Doesn't anyone else see this logic?

Anybody who's just looking for our first trip to a ccg game I'm sure sees that logic but a lot are still wanting to get that NY6 spot. The only way to have a legit shot at it is to beat ranked teams to finish out the season, assuming SDSU is also undefeated .... and right now that would be UCF and probably Navy.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

If given the choice, I bet that the USF and UCF football teams would prefer that both teams are undefeated and highly ranked when we play. Neither team would want to backdoor into the AAC Championship game. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

Maybe a little better competition, but our wins have been dominant as have UCF's.

They've definitely had better competition, and have been at least as dominant, if not more so than we've been. They are a problem.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, JoeB said:

I totally get this.  The only thing we can control is conference championship game.  If both teams go in to the game undefeated and we lose, we finish 10-1 and miss out on ccg and will head to an ultra crappy bowl game.  I'd rather not go in to the game with the entire season riding on the outcome.  In a closely matched game, anything can happen.  

With that being said, I believe the gnats run the table heading in to our game.  Their defense appears to be ahead of ours, and you know what they say defenses.  Should be a heck of a game.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

24 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I totally get this.  The only thing we can control is conference championship game.  If both teams go in to the game undefeated and we lose, we finish 10-1 and miss out on ccg and will head to an ultra crappy bowl game.  I'd rather not go in to the game with the entire season riding on the outcome.  In a closely matched game, anything can happen.  

With that being said, I believe the gnats run the table heading in to our game.  Their defense appears to be ahead of ours, and you know what they say defenses.  Should be a heck of a game.

I'd like to have this game not be for the division.  Ideally, they'd only have 5 wins and need this to go to a bowl, but I know that's not going to happen this season.