• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gilbert and Strong: What the hell were you thinking modifying the offense and throwing mechanics?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

Things that worry me:

- Every time someone says "they're not that bad, they're hiding the playbook" it turns out they really are that bad.

- Even if they were holding back plays the talent level should be enough to blow away a team like Stony Brook

- It sure looks like they're trying to do what Taggart learned not to do and take Flowers legs away from him.

- D'Ernest Johnson has 0 catches.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, ToroDeFuego said:

Things that worry me:

- Every time someone says "they're not that bad, they're hiding the playbook" it turns out they really are that bad.

- Even if they were holding back plays the talent level should be enough to blow away a team like Stony Brook

- It sure looks like they're trying to do what Taggart learned not to do and take Flowers legs away from him.

- D'Ernest Johnson has 0 catches.

I wouldn't count on DJ having many catches this year. All Texas RBs had 9 combined last year

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I thought Q's week 1 mechanics were pretty good. But for 5 drops he has a monster game. Do not recall the receivers winning any 50-50 passes or bailing Q out.

Week 2 was a little rougher. Most of the passes were high. May have been the rain, ball was wet, whatever. MVS bailed him out on the TD pass and McCants won a 50-50 ball.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

I don't disagree that there's lack of execution, however, this is only a chapter in a much larger novel.  

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, dclenden said:

I don't disagree that there's lack of execution, however, this is only a chapter in a much larger novel.  

Sorry we have seen this story play out twice. First with Skippy and BJ Daniels and then Taggart with Quinton his first year. We will never be a power run team.  Our Florida QBs are not drop back passers.  We are a spread team no matter who the coach is. Coach Leavitt knew it and Willy eventually figured it out.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

20 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

No one was particularly happy with the productivity, but it is too early to start panicking. Let's be honest here, only an idiot would have Flowers as the featured runner in monsoon type weather on a field that was looking like it was getting ripped up against an FCS team. 

I do not want to see a repeat of Grothe vs Charleston Southern or how BJ ended his USF career.  

We won, escaped injury free, for the most part.

Let's see how the season progresses before judgements are made  

Wow. My daughter sat out in that so called monsoon without rain gear and barely looked wet.  I moved back because I'm old and feeble.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/5/2017 at 9:07 AM, Bull94 said:

I wouldn't count on DJ having many catches this year. All Texas RBs had 9 combined last year

Yeah, Johnson had 38 last year. Mack had 28. It was a big part of opening up the offense and giving Flowers room..