• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gilbert and Strong: What the hell were you thinking modifying the offense and throwing mechanics?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

When you get off the rocking and rolling cruise ship, you may come to realize that Q needs to throw better, o line needs to block better and receivers need to catch better. But keep drinking that contraband vodka.

Is it boring to watch? Maybe, but that's subjective.

Personally, I'm looking more at player execution as opposed to coaching. Im confident they'll work it out.

'Personally' Nick Saban doesn't make time for awaiting better execution, he requires it.  It's a  mandate to be a part of the system.

It's why everyone left 'losing'  is  in his dust arguing lack of player  'execution', the merits of 'trying to not reveal your play book', the challenges of a 'new' coach,  and the rest.    You sound like  bunch a losers looking as  who has to whose forced to lay grasp on the losers trophy.  

Act like a BULL, not someone developing a well rounded line of excuses as to why we're not winning.  

Just win.  Period.  That, and leave the excuses to the losing team.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, Nebolsky said:

Look. I am not at all impressed with what I have seen from the offense the last two games.  I do agree that the play calling is questionable. However, I have seen worse play calling that resulted in a loss against an fcs team and 2 and 4 win seasons.  

I am just not ready to call for heads and am willing to wait until we get into conference play. I am sure they will make some changes because everyone has a point to prove. Guess I'm running on faith. 

Again, you're pointing out a false equivency- you're the only one 'calling for heads'.  I've only asked for adaptation.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I dunno, you must not have been around when the 2008 season got derailed because our BE all time yards record holding QB tore his ACL because our coaching staff decided to have him go all out against a 1AA Team. 

I am not saying the offense has been good by any stretch, but once it got going we were on average with last year's production in game 1 and there was a mess on the field early in game 2.

It took me a long time to be sold on Flowers.  One thing I remember from his first year, before his first game when people were doubting if was a D1 level QB was his uncle saying don't ever doubt him. He will come through. I believe he will do what needs to be done. 

I did not want him running in the slop. We won. We ran an extremely conservative offense. If they continue to run it and we do enough to win I can live with it. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

37 minutes ago, dclenden said:

102.gif

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I dunno, you must not have been around when the 2008 season got derailed because our BE all time yards record holding QB tore his ACL because our coaching staff decided to have him go all out against a 1AA Team. 

I am not saying the offense has been good by any stretch, but once it got going we were on average with last year's production in game 1 and there was a mess on the field early in game 2.

It took me a long time to be sold on Flowers.  One thing I remember from his first year, before his first game when people were doubting if was a D1 level QB was his uncle saying don't ever doubt him. He will come through. I believe he will do what needs to be done. 

I did not want him running in the slop. We won. We ran an extremely conservative offense. If they continue to run it and we do enough to win I can live with it. 

you're right- offense ran concervative due to the mud.  Blocked punt from the last coupled from the one from this game also related to the mud from this game. Solid reasoning. 

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

102.gif

Oh I see what you did there....

*napkin passed under table 'can you DM us what you did there individually so no ones left wondering'

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

4 minutes ago, dclenden said:

Oh I see what you did there....

*napkin passed under table 'can you DM us what you did there individually so no ones left wondering'

Let me caption it for you ...

102.gif

"What .... What ..... Oh, I get it, you're just trolling"

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

49 minutes ago, dclenden said:

'Personally' Nick Saban doesn't make time for awaiting better execution, he requires it.  It's a  mandate to be a part of the system.

It's why everyone left 'losing'  is  in his dust arguing lack of player  'execution', the merits of 'trying to not reveal your play book', the challenges of a 'new' coach,  and the rest.    You sound like  bunch a losers looking as  who has to whose forced to lay grasp on the losers trophy.  

Act like a BULL, not someone developing a well rounded line of excuses as to why we're not winning.  

Ah yes, demanding excellence. How could I forget.

They did "just win", did they not? So what exactly is the problem here? 

10 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

Ah yes, demanding excellence. How could I forget.

They did "just win", did they not? So what exactly is the problem here? 

In order:

1. Losing in 4th quarter to Stoned Brook

2. blocked punt (2nd in two games)

3. Poor play calling

4. Poor adaptation.

Dm me for numbers 5-26.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, dclenden said:

In order: