• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Worst Thing about the Game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I understand the simple play calling on O for a first game, but when you see it's sucking the life out of your team and fans, you gotta change up quicker than that. Creds for opening up, but it just didn't come soon enough.

Agree D is definitely improved, hopefully it gets better though--they were not reading the blocking well in the first half.

1 hour ago, usfbullrider said:

Wilcox and Barr are becoming liabilities.   Nichols was invisible as Nickelback.  Auggie was rusty.  Defensive ends are still lackluster.

Yes Sanchez didn't have a strong game, yes DEs are still not like old times (and we really need that). Nichols made a couple of good plays, but Jaymon Thomas was the story in the secondary. Wilcox's two drops were very tough catches, so he doesn't worry me like Barr does. Barr's problem is in his head, he has to shake whatever demons haunt him or he might as well not dress out.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Too early to tell but I liked Willie's offense better.  More creative. More motion and ball fakes which confuses defense. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

Also the jet sweeps and bubble screens worked last year and are non existent in this offense 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  279
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, swamprat said:

What's the deal with Flowers sliding when he breaks into the secondary? 

I have a suspicion that the coaches are in his head about taking too many hits. They want him healthy for conference play I'd guess.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

2 hours ago, mjadams said:

You would have been disappointed with MM last night too. Blocking wasnt any good. Flowers was held in check all game. 

MM was a rare combination of speed and vision and will succeed in the NFL.  We don't have that now and I need to move past his absence. DJ is no MM.  This is a different team.  

SJS's DE's played soft and it was recognized by our coaching staff.  The middle runs softened up their DEs and we were able to break some gashes to the outside.  DEs cannot cheat with poor angles vs our team.  QF will make them pay if they do and it showed last night.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Too early to tell but I liked Willie's offense better.  More creative. More motion and ball fakes which confuses defense. 

Seemed there were often gaping holes for Flowers/Mack in last year's offense that just weren't there against SJS. Will probably only get better going forward, but something just didn't feel right with this offense, despite the fact we put up 548 yards. 

Wondering what people here really think of QF's chances of even being considered for the Heisman. He put up amazing numbers last year, and really wasn't on the radar. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

28 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Also the jet sweeps and bubble screens worked last year and are non existent in this offense 

Hoping we dont see those ill Uconn game some. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

34 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I agree about using more ball fakes. With so many runs up the middle, ball fakes should be an essential part of executing any play. 

Not sure that I like Willie's offense over this one. As you said,too early to tell. This offense seems to have the potential to be more productive. This one really uses the whole field. Willie's offense was really predicated on the athletes making plays. Adams and Mack aren't here so now instead of a one yard throw and 7+ yard run there are more mid and downfield throws. 

No shame in putting up 550 or so yards with 42 points in basically 3 quarters. 

This will be an interesting topic for discussion after 4 or 5 games.