• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Worst Thing about the Game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

10 minutes ago, MMW said:

That kind of comment is true on a muddy field, or it is suddenly raining or windy but not for artificial turf.  SJST had all off season to find the right spikes or get a feel for how the turf gives.  It was clear to me that our guys were at a disadvantage.  

Does anyone know if we were able to make adjustments because it looked mostly resolved after the 1st quarter?

I agree with this.  It is not unheard of (not saying it happened here) for home teams to do things to a field to give the home team an advantage.  

Once the changes to the cleats were made things changed a bit.  

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,807
  • Days Won:  0

Field in the first quarter was terrible. Very hard for our players to get traction. Seemed to settle in 2nd qtr.   Wilcox bone head drops. Dont understand why Chris Barr is in the game let alone starting.  Oline seems to be in flux but alteast we are deep.    

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

On 8/27/2017 at 2:13 AM, Bourbon Bull said:

Greater than 4 hours. F'n ridiculous. If the whole year plays out this way I may be done with college football.  Way too long to sit on uncomfortable bleachers. 

For at least 7 out of the next 11games most years you won't be sitting on uncomfortable bleachers ...

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688

12 hours ago, smazza said:

the other team played on the same surface

i never by this excuse

I know, I was thinking "uh, it's the same field."

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

On 8/27/2017 at 0:00 AM, swamprat said:

What's the deal with Flowers sliding when he breaks into the secondary? 

He was about to get hit by that backside corner.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I remember people complaining about Willies gulf coast a lot after the Maryland loss.  It was just one game... a game we topped 500 yards of total offense.  The offense suits our personnel fine, it's part of what made up the Gulf Coast, and they'll put up even more ridiculous numbers.  The offense is always the last thing to come around.  The biggest improvements are from game 1 to 2... They'll likely put up 500-700 yards and people will still not like the offense.  They didn't show the entire offense... I recall plays from the spring game that weren't run.  There are screens in the offense and we did not run one.  The reason being is why tip your hand?  Why put tape out you don't have to?  Things will be put in as needed.  I mean I just don't understand how people don't understand this.  It's kinda crazy actually.  I'm betting in another 3 games people will be praising the offense.  

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

On 8/28/2017 at 10:56 AM, usfgrad84 said:

I agree with this.  It is not unheard of (not saying it happened here) for home teams to do things to a field to give the home team an advantage.  

Once the changes to the cleats were made things changed a bit.  

Home field advantage is a thing???  Wouldn't @smazza have heard of this though...?!?!?