• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USAToday's Paul Myerberg predicting team records

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Barring injuries, I just can't see this team losing more than one game. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Win the conference! Don't care about much else.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Barring injuries, I just can't see this team losing more than one game. 

We lost our two best players. Surely you can see how that could conceivably result in a dropoff? I don't know that it will, and I sure hope not, but I mean - it seems feasible at least.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, WWMJD said:

We lost our two best players. Surely you can see how that could conceivably result in a dropoff? I don't know that it will, and I sure hope not, but I mean - it seems feasible at least.

Uh, I don't think so, cowboy.  Our best player, by far, will be taking snaps again this year for the Bulls, mostly in shotgun formation.  And he's the linchpin who makes things happen for this offense, not the two guys who just got drafted.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

If the defense doesn't improve we could lose 4 games or more. You can't just sit replace Mack and Adams either. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Uh, I don't think so, cowboy.  Our best player, by far, will be taking snaps again this year for the Bulls, mostly in shotgun formation.  And he's the linchpin who makes things happen for this offense, not the two guys who just got drafted.

I think it's close between the three, with a massive gap after, but we are only a few weeks away from seeing for sure what impact losing those two will have. I don't think you give Adams and Mack credit for just how good they were last year. (I hope I'm wrong on this one, for sure.)

But even if you're right about the relative contribution, our offense has lost valuable players from last year. Our schedule is way easier, but to say you can't imagine this team losing two games? I know the preseason hype train is in full effect but lets be realistic - maybe we run the table but it's at least conceivable we drop a couple, right?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

QF is doing things rarely seen on any football field. Mack was an above average college RB. Adams isn't even the best WR we've ever had. Don't confuse NFL potential with production at USF.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

There is no reason to have a loss this year going into the Peach Bowl if we stay healthy. None whatsoever with our creampuff schedule.

I think the Illini will be better than most thought. This is the one that gets me.

24 minutes ago, JTrue said:

QF is doing things rarely seen on any football field. Mack was an above average college RB. Adams isn't even the best WR we've ever had. Don't confuse NFL potential with production at USF.

Think Mack and Adams are the best we've ever had at those positions, so we will have to agree to disagree there. Adams may not have been a superstar, but his numbers don't fully reflect his contribution in my opinion. I don't think we've ever had someone who had that kind of speed with good hands to match. And Mack... well if you don't know how big of an impact he had for us just by watching him, I don't know what to tell you. I love Flowers, and I'm hoping for a really earth shattering year from him. But he didn't do it alone last year.

Can you envision a scenario in which we lose two games this year, JTrue? I assume the answer is yes.

Edited by WWMJD
  • Upvote 1

Think Mack and Adams are the best we've ever had at those positions, so we will have to agree to disagree there. Adams may not have been a superstar, but his numbers don't fully reflect his contribution in my opinion. I don't think we've ever had someone who had that kind of speed with good hands to match. And Mack... well if you don't know how big of an impact he had for us just by watching him, I don't know what to tell you. I love Flowers, and I'm hoping for a really earth shattering year from him. But he didn't do it alone last year.

Can you envision a scenario in which we lose two games this year, JTrue? I assume the answer is yes.

I also love that we are having this conversation like a year and a half after people were talking about how awful QF was and how unfair it was that Taggart was starting him over Bench. (Not directed to any of the posters above, as this is a more reasonable group. Just think it's amusing re: how quickly fortunes can change.)

Edited by WWMJD