• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Stirrups and Ford were trainwrecks that kicked themselves off the team. Jamar Taylor also kicked himself off the team. Couldn't find any "best" guys that Holtz just kicked off the team. Personnel losses that I found his first year, after he got the job, were injury related and, not surprisingly, academics related. A legit complaint about Holtz was recruiting, even though he may have been playing under a little different set of rules than the the previous regime, but the intimation that he ran off a bunch of good players is pretty much indefensible.

I think you'll are misremembering things.  But that's fine, I'm not going to sit here an argue.  Ford shouldn't have been kicked off the team and Holtz should never had been coach.  The only facts that matter to me.  you guys just liked/got behind a garbage coach that tanked the program.  I see it the way I see it... 

• Downvote 3

3 hours ago, BiggTipp said:

Mike Ford got arrested for the "nth" time and was kicked off the team. Jamar Taylor quit football. We had no WR's other than Bogan. Landi had to play WR out of shear necessity. Walk on Stephen Bravo-Brown and Joel Miller both played. Lindsey Lamar also was turned into a WR because there were none. Sterling Griffin got hurt the first time. That offense was not very good. 

How many times did Mike Ford get arrested?  I think you may be mis-remembering too.  WR wasn't the problem... well it was a problem Holtz could not recruit any worth anything. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

6 hours ago, Skingraft said:

That's a fact

Jack

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 3:48 PM, BiggTipp said:

Mike Ford got arrested for the "nth" time and was kicked off the team. Jamar Taylor quit football. We had no WR's other than Bogan. Landi had to play WR out of shear necessity. Walk on Stephen Bravo-Brown and Joel Miller both played. Lindsey Lamar also was turned into a WR because there were none. Sterling Griffin got hurt the first time. That offense was not very good. 

Skip called this group the "rag-tag dolls", or something like that. A pieced together offense that he managed to win 8 games with. Skip definitely played a part in driving the program into the ground, but I thought he did a very good job that year. Bogan was an excellent receiver IMO.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

On 7/3/2017 at 7:01 PM, Calibull said:

How many times did Mike Ford get arrested?  I think you may be mis-remembering too.  WR wasn't the problem... well it was a problem Holtz could not recruit any worth anything. 

Twice....

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-bulls-football-team-dismisses-rb-mike-ford/1075720?asid=834be79f

There was definitely cause to kick him off, especially considering we don't know what that last violation of team rules was.  When guys are constantly disregarding the rules you can't keep them around.  It's awful for locker room culture.  There's plenty of reasons to bash Skip's tenure at USF but kicking Mike Ford off the team isn't one of them.  You can be **** sure Charlie Strong would've sent him packing as well...... 

• Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah that year was fine, it was the subsequent years afterwards. We should not be missing bowl games. 

On 7/10/2017 at 0:03 PM, Bull Dozer said:

Twice....

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-bulls-football-team-dismisses-rb-mike-ford/1075720?asid=834be79f

There was definitely cause to kick him off, especially considering we don't know what that last violation of team rules was.  When guys are constantly disregarding the rules you can't keep them around.  It's awful for locker room culture.  There's plenty of reasons to bash Skip's tenure at USF but kicking Mike Ford off the team isn't one of them.  You can be **** sure Charlie Strong would've sent him packing as well...... 

Driving on a suspended license and what else? 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

Mike Ford

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

This?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Read the article. 

K. THX. Byyyeeeeeee