• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  0

Ford, 20, received citations on March 31, 2006 and Feb. 23, 2007 for driving without a license. On May 29, Ford was charged with driving with a suspended license and driving an unregistered motor vehicle, according to Sarasota County records.

Ford then failed to show for a June 12 court appearance, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

I read in another article, he was arrested for driving a moped on campus without a license.  Not sure if that one is included or if it was a separate arrest.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Wow, this thread has just gone sideways 

Image result for car sideways gif

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

19 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Read the article. 

K. THX. Byyyeeeeeee 

I did... did you? As I said, he was arrested for driving on suspended license twice.  Should I name other Bulls who were arrested for the same thing?  One held in very high regard.  Sam Barrington.  Not saying Ford wasn't a locker room problem, but saying he was arrested for something aside for driving on a suspended license is not accurate.  

Ford had been suspended for one game in 2007 for missing classes and the first two of 2009 for a violation of team rules. He has also been arrested twice on driving-related infractions, most recently in December.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I did... did you? As I said, he was arrested for driving on suspended license twice.  Should I name other Bulls who were arrested for the same thing?  One held in very high regard.  Sam Barrington.  Not saying Ford wasn't a locker room problem, but saying he was arrested for something aside for driving on a suspended license is not accurate.  

Ford had been suspended for one game in 2007 for missing classes and the first two of 2009 for a violation of team rules. He has also been arrested twice on driving-related infractions, most recently in December.

Good thing I never said that....You asked how many times he was arrested and you got your answer.  Now you appear to be either mixing up your beefs or trying to move the goalpost.  Either way, carry on......

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So he was arrested a total of 4 times plus 2 suspensions for team rules? And there's a debate here on whether Skip screwed up kicking him off the team?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

25 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Ford did all of that before he did something that kicked him off the team. He also, more than once, couldn't keep a walk-on off the field ahead of him. This all started with the absurd assertion that Skip kicked off, or ran off, some of our "best" guys which has no basis in reality. Skip had plenty of problems here for you to ***** about but his handling of the roster he took over wasn't one of them ..... save maybe the Lindsey Lamar move.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So he was arrested a total of 4 times plus 2 suspensions for team rules? And there's a debate here on whether Skip screwed up kicking him off the team?

Actually he was arrested twice while at USF.  This is a quote from Greg's article  http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-bulls-football-team-dismisses-rb-mike-ford/1075720?asid=834be79f

"Ford had been suspended for one game in 2007 for missing classes and the first two of 2009 for a violation of team rules. He has also been arrested twice on driving-related infractions, most recently in December."

The other arrest were after he was already off the team.  Like I said...  I think people are misremembering and jumbling up their timelines.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Actually he was arrested twice while at USF.  This is a quote from Greg's article  http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-bulls-football-team-dismisses-rb-mike-ford/1075720?asid=834be79f

"Ford had been suspended for one game in 2007 for missing classes and the first two of 2009 for a violation of team rules. He has also been arrested twice on driving-related infractions, most recently in December."

The other arrest were after he was already off the team.  Like I said...  I think people are misremembering and jumbling up their timelines.

For a minute there, I thought we were talking about him being a ****** member of the program. But if he was only arrested twice and suspended two other times for violating the rules, people are totally overreacting.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

If I remember correctly, Skip did not have a lot of great offensive players left to work with.  Ford getting kicked off was just one problem.  I think Jamar Tayor, who was as big, if not a greater loss than Ford was kicked off for grades or something like that before Skip got here.  With Mitchell leaving for the NFL then Love got hurt early in the season leaving Bogan and Griffen as the  only experienced receiver then Griffen got hurt too.

Biggest problem I fund with that offense was taking the ball out of BJ's hands and trying to force him to be a pocket passer.  I always believed that Skip did not understand how to use the level of athletes that he had inherited.  I don't think he really ever understood what BJ could do with the ball in his hands.  In his defense, he may also have been protective of BJ because we had no legit backup at that point (was the backup Grumby that year).  That was the year he dubbed our offense (or receivers) as the misfit toys.

That was not the thing that did Skip in.  I don't think he was ever able to recruit Big East level players.  Most of the players he did manage to get on campus usually had offers from CUSA and lower.  That hurt him the following years.  Then he had the problem of hiring some really poor DCs.