• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OU's New Head Coach...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Hard for me to believe that a guy who lives in the state of Oklahoma in a house like this is leaving his plum job at 56 years old (still VERY young) for something other than a nefarious reason. 

I reserve the right to be wrong - but just where my head is at on this issue.

They've supposedly been grooming Riley for over a year. It can't be that nefarious if he's been allowed to stay for that long ..... you wouldn't think, anyway.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

Back to the O post.  When was he offered the USF job?  Anyone know?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

17 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Hard for me to believe that a guy who lives in the state of Oklahoma in a house like this is leaving his plum job at 56 years old (still VERY young) for something other than a nefarious reason. 

I reserve the right to be wrong - but just where my head is at on this issue.

Image result for bob stoops house

The story that's out there is he wanted to make sure he gets to live his life while he has the chance.  The reason being his father died while coaching and was younger than Stoops is now.  There's also the chatter that he wanted it to be Riley who replaced him since he's been grooming him and has so much respect for him.  Leaving now guaranteed that Riley would get the job instead of boosters pushing for flashier name on the open market while Riley is guaranteed nothing more than a chance to interview..  Time will tell if this is the case or something is coming down the pike.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Any chance that at 56 he's made enough money to retire?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

The story that's out there is he wanted to make sure he gets to live his life while he has the chance.  The reason being his father died while coaching and was younger than Stoops is now.  There's also the chatter that he wanted it to be Riley who replaced him since he's been grooming him and has so much respect for him.  Leaving now guaranteed that Riley would get the job instead of boosters pushing for flashier name on the open market while Riley is guaranteed nothing more than a chance to interview..  Time will tell if this is the case or something is coming down the pike.  

......is that a helicopter pad in his back yard? lol

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

To me the timing is off.  If there was a plan to hand off why was it not done after signing day? Something is fishy.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348

17 hours ago, Triple B said:

They've supposedly been grooming Riley for over a year. It can't be that nefarious if he's been allowed to stay for that long ..... you wouldn't think, anyway.

He was never offered the USF job. He was thought of as a possible Willie replacement last year. Nothing more than that. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

To me the timing is off.  If there was a plan to hand off why was it not done after signing day? Something is fishy.

Theory thrown out here was that xCBS did it now so OU pretty much had no choice but to go with Riley, whom he definitely wanted to take over ....

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804

26 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Theory thrown out here was that xCBS did it now so OU pretty much had no choice but to go with Riley, whom he definitely wanted to take over ....

Sounds plausible. It gives Riley a one year trial then. Hope he has a good year.