• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No. 23 Bulls Battle No. 5 Gators Tuesday in Gainesville

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Think I might drive down to Uconn on Saturday for the game. Suppose to rain though..,

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, thatBULL said:

I agree completely.  Gators do that often for weekday games and save their top 3 arms for the weekend (arguably the best top 3 in the country).  The are very willing to sacrifice Tuesday.

I do like that our guys did what they should be doing to a 4/5 starter ... score.  I also think we left a few out there. 

That's how most of your teams operate that have serious Omaha aspirations. Once you get into conference/tourney play, you're seeing your 1-3 starters and the same couple relievers. The only time you're digging down into those guys with 15 innings on the year is in a blowout one way or the other. Now once you get to Omaha, it's all hands on deck. You could be playing 8 games in 12 days like Coastal Carolina did last year. That tests your pitching depth unlike anything else you've seen during the season to that point.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  39
  • Days Won:  0

Live in Gville and went to the game. The bulls controlled the Gators from the beginning. Gators scored runs the last two innings because of very sloppy Bulls pitching (lots of walks). The best part of the game was watching the Gator fans streaming out after the fifth inning. Actually got a lot of compliments from Gator fans about our freshman pitcher and how well we hit. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Hate the gators, couldn't be happier about this.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

53 minutes ago, thatBULL said:

I agree completely.  Gators do that often for weekday games and save their top 3 arms for the weekend (arguably the best top 3 in the country).  The are very willing to sacrifice Tuesday.

I do like that our guys did what they should be doing to a 4/5 starter ... score.  I also think we left a few out there. 

That works both ways.  Its our 4th starter too.  Also when we play a teams #1 or #2 starter, we're starting our best too.  And our staff is at the tops in the NCAA for a reason.

53 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Think I might drive down to Uconn on Saturday for the game. Suppose to rain though..,

From what I hear, no lights at their field

• Topic Count:  2,339
  • Content Count:  21,349
  • Days Won:  10

Suck it Gators

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, bullsfan27 said:

When was the last time we beat fsu and if in the same season both on the road and both were top 5 teams? Have we ever done that

Never.

This is the first time ever for us to beat both on the road in a single season, regardless of rankings.

Whether we've beaten both when both were ranked Top 5 (regardless of home/away/neutral) I don't know. Any of you stat junkies know this?

7 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Never.

This is the first time ever for us to beat both on the road in a single season, regardless of rankings.

Whether we've beaten both when both were ranked Top 5 (regardless of home/away/neutral) I don't know. Any of you stat junkies know this?

Last time we beat them both was 1989.  Most likely FSU would have been ranked.  Gators weren't great until a few years later if I recall.  Pretty sure Joe Arnold was coaching UF back then, so I doubt they were ranked.

So in 1989 FSU made the CWS, they definitely would have been ranked.  Looks like we beat them 3/4 times in the regular season but lost in the Regionals.  The Gators were 44-22 that year, made the Regionals so its possible they were ranked when we beat them.  Having a hard time finding rankings