• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN Layoffs and the AAC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

19 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

The NBA could be the 2nd most popular league in the world despite not being #2 in America. By your own definition soccer can't possibly he #1 globally because it's not #1 in USA.

P.S. NBA is not the #2 league in the world, just pointing out the flaw in your argument.

Agreed. But it would be awfully difficult for the NBA to be so popular outside of the U.S. that it could make up for MLB and NFL's lead in money, attendance, viewership, etc. 

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

ESPN got forced into a bidding war with Fox and NBC at the same time people are cutting the chord in record numbers.

Viewership is still fantastic for the NFL, but ESPN is paying $15 billion for what amounts to one game a week, the draft, and highlights.

I also think this speaks volume to the change in content delivery, nobody wants to see the 4 talking heads yell at each other, they want quick highlight packages and instant results.

Also for the popular sports debate:

http://www.totalsportek.com/most-popular-sports/

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

ESPN is toast!! They pretty much have gone way of MTV. Expect to see even less sports & more shock talk. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

9 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

ESPN is toast!! They pretty much have gone way of MTV. Expect to see even less sports & more shock talk

Speaking of which, I happened to get stuck with their morning show the other day. Don't know the name of the show, but it had three announcers - white, black, and female. The black guy was so venomous, angry and annoying, that I actually appreciated the commercials when they came on. I flushed as quickly as I could and got the hell out of there.

WTF is up with these guys?

Edited by charsibb
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

11 hours ago, charsibb said:

Speaking of which, I happened to get stuck with their morning show the other day. Don't know the name of the show, but it had three announcers - white, black, and female. The black guy was so venomous, angry and annoying, that I actually appreciated the commercials when they came on. I flushed as quickly as I could and got the hell out of there.

WTF is up with these guys?

Without knowing which ones I would guess it is Stephen A Smith.  Can't watch much on ESPN any longer outside of games. I still record PTI and, when I get a chance, I like Lebatard's show so I can watch Papi. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

38 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Without knowing which ones I would guess it is Stephen A Smith.  Can't watch much on ESPN any longer outside of games. I still record PTI and, when I get a chance, I like Lebatard's show so I can watch Papi. 

I used to like PTI - they're edgy but not over-the-top like the morning guy. But even that shtick grew tiresome relatively quickly. I prefer thoughtful insights and analysis - guess I'm not in their target market anymore...

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

16 hours ago, Capital H said:

cutting the chord

Palm mute?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

I like around the horn and PTI, but some of the other shows.... woof.