• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN Article about QF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I'd like to see his throwing motion become more efficient so when he pump fakes, he can get to scrambling quicker without wasting all that time in the windup. Let's not kid ourselves over ESPN's in depth expose' on throwing mechanics. We all know what works and so does the coaching staff.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Its nice to have a conversation about our heisman candidates throwing motion in the offseason.  Times have changed in the last 2 years by golly.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

and if true, its amazing our old staff didn't correct it.

QFs passing has improved every year he's been here. He completed 62% of his passes last year, with a QBR of 153. Like Coach Dozer opined, the technique may be different but doesn't mean the results will be better. Personally I'm good with him standing pat with those figures from last year no matter how he throws it. 

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

16 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

Offensive coordinator Sterlin Gilbert started with an overhaul of Flowers' throwing motion. Flowers used to wind up to throw, wasting precious seconds in his delivery. That wind up is gone, allowing Flowers to deliver the ball with more accuracy and velocity.

"When we’re warming, up he’ll put his hand right on my chest and I can’t wind up and throw because that’s what I was doing," Flowers said. "Now, it’s just keep it at a 90-degree angle and release it. Everything’s falling into place just by listening to him. My release has gotten quicker. My ball location, my accuracy."

Nice to get some coaching on technique. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

QFs passing has improved every year he's been here. He completed 62% of his passes last year, with a QBR of 153. Like Coach Dozer opined, the technique may be different but doesn't mean the results will be better. Personally I'm good with him standing pat with those figures from last year no matter how he throws it. 

My point is also in practices things may look one way but once the live bullets start flying a lot of times players revert to old habits.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

39 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

My point is also in practices things may look one way but once the live bullets start flying a lot of times players revert to old habits.  

Exactly what I was thinking when I read it. Proof will be in the game-time pudding. Hope this tweak is enough to make him into a serious Heismann contender.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

And those old habits carried him pretty well last year so hopefully this will be a win-win situation. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And those old habits carried him pretty well last year so hopefully this will be a win-win situation. 

Yup, I've always been a member of #TeamLetThatBoyCook as well

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Now it's just going to be more about repetition. If he goes into a game thinking about his throwing motion he'll lose any improvements he made. Chunk enough rocks to make it second nature maybe we add a few trophies to the case next year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Relax people, Q will be fine. He knows what makes himself effective. The kid makes very few mistakes. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1