• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asst Coaching changes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

3 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

So the D coordinator that is coming in has no experience with that.  I realize many think CCS is going to run the D but does it bother anyone other than me that we may have Woody Lite?

It's all a mystery until the new staff proves themselves. These guys were fired for losing... I mean with all that talent at Texas and they couldn't beat Kansas.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

So the D coordinator that is coming in has no experience with that.  I realize many think CCS is going to run the D but does it bother anyone other than me that we may have Woody Lite?

"Woody Lite" has much more college experience and a much better track record than Woodie does. The only real comparisons between the 2 are they both coach LBs, were first time coordinators and are good recruiters. And yes Coach Strong will run the defense, BJM is a DC in the same sense that TJ was our OC last year.

I guess you can put me in the not worried category.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

42 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

In this case at least one of them knows defense.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

50 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I don't think Allen was a DC before coming here but I know Bresnahan was so no.  Woody had a very thin resume if I recall.

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, MMW said:

I don't think Allen was a DC before coming here but I know Bresnahan was so no.  Woody had a very thin resume if I recall.

Why would Strong want a crap DC? CCS wants to win and he trusts BJM, we need to trust CCS. BJM has shown to be a stud recruiter and recruiting coordinator. CCS will probably give him a shot this year and if he stinks bring in a Co DC. If BJM can get some studs on Def to commit, it should improve his coaching performance. We got no where to go but up on Def, its a great spot for him to start.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

59 minutes ago, Atlanta Bull said:

Why would Strong want a crap DC? CCS wants to win and he trusts BJM, we need to trust CCS. BJM has shown to be a stud recruiter and recruiting coordinator. CCS will probably give him a shot this year and if he stinks bring in a Co DC. If BJM can get some studs on Def to commit, it should improve his coaching performance. We got no where to go but up on Def, its a great spot for him to start.

Good points. 

In Hoc

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Tom Allen coached LB at Ole Miss before coming here and did well. I am fine with giving Jean-Mary the chance to prove himself. Strong is a defensive guy, so if Jean-Mary struggles, at least Strong will be able to help him.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

13 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Where do you think D coordinators come from?  They're usually position coaches.  We've got a proven HC and an experienced OC.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

If it makes you feel better, BJM was about to become the new DC for the University of Texas if CCS hadn't been fired. So in essence we now have the previous HC and DC of Texas on staff at USF.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

14 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Nope.  He's a great recruiter, with FL ties, a good deal of coaching experience, and will have a great mentor at his disposal in CCS.  Woodie didn't have the luxury of a good mentor.  The closest thing he had was Janceck who isn't even in the same universe as strong.  BJM also has more coaching experience than Woodie coming into this promotion.  I'm about as bothered by this as I was Tom Allen's hire, which is not at all.  

Edited by Bull Dozer