• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bookends: Holtz gets fired - USF beats South Carolina in OT

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

14 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

I wish Taggart could get the credit for this bowl.  He built it.  

credit ran to the money and from usf

he deserted his team and walked out on his commitment

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

we are grateful 

but cwt ran away from his kids and usf

not a man of his word

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The mental gymnastics people go through to avoid giving CWT credit is still amazing to me.  The man installed a winning culture, retooled a roster almost devoid of talent, gave us entertaining football again, had us in the thick of the race for a conference title game after October the last two seasons, has us back to being a consistent bowl team, made the job attractive enough for us to get a big time hire, and has kept the guys performing in the classroom.  Some people just can't back off an opinion they were CLEARLY wrong on and it's hilarious.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

It was nice seeing Taggart on Twitter wishing team Goodluck and a Go Bulls.

He gets in my book alot of credit turning program around.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

The mental gymnastics people go through to avoid giving CWT credit is still amazing to me.  The man installed a winning culture, retooled a roster almost devoid of talent, gave us entertaining football again, had us in the thick of the race for a conference title game after October the last two seasons, has us back to being a consistent bowl team, made the job attractive enough for us to get a big time hire, and has kept the guys performing in the classroom.  Some people just can't back off an opinion they were CLEARLY wrong on and it's hilarious.  

Eh, I think maybe there are some haters out there, but I think many came to appreciate the job CWT did right up to the time he walked out the door.  I think some people are just still in the anger phase of grief.  May take some time to get through all the phases.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

Eh, I think maybe there are some haters out there, but I think many came to appreciate the job CWT did right up to the time he walked out the door.  I think some people are just still in the anger phase of grief.  May take some time to get through all the phases.  

There are definitely some of those and  for others it's the "I'm still not over CJL and every coach should stay at every job forever" frame of mind.  I just think it's hilarious the lengths some people will go to try to denigrate the guy who helped take our program from rock bottom back to winning consistently and being fun again.  Some people let their love/hate of certain people go above whats best for the program.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

There are definitely some of those and  for others it's the "I'm still not over CJL and every coach should stay at every job forever" frame of mind.  I just think it's hilarious the lengths some people will go to try to denigrate the guy who helped take our program from rock bottom back to winning consistently and being fun again.  Some people let their love/hate of certain people go above whats best for the program.  

Hey, if everyone was on the same page, it would make for a much less interesting message board.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I was pretty pissed when he tried to take Strong but I am over it now.  

It is true that he changed the culture and I appreciate that.  He also assembled a team that won the bowl but if he struggles in Oregon I am sure they have message board denizens that will point out that he never actually won a bowl game himself while they call for his head.

Either way, I am not sure why it would matter one way or another to us since he has moved on.

Would he have won if he coached yesterday?  Most likely -  it seemed like the same offensive game plan and the defense played better that I expected.  Two goal line stands with a pick 6 and USC struggled running all day.  They passed with ease but one thing at a time.

I liked that TJ was messing with them with the extra points and the onside kick would have worked if it rolled a little farther.  He was going for the jugular.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Message boards gonna message board. :D

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I was over CJL when we won 10 games. I was over CWT when we won 11 games. CCS is my new Man-Crush. :GoBulls: