• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Predict next years season ticket sales and go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

27 minutes ago, namuh-bull said:

Bad idea.  You never want to establish a precedent by giving a refund for poor performance.  Better to market the fun that a high scoring USF team with a defense provides.

Fun.  We must market FUN!   Discounts are mainly used by grumpy penny pinchers (I use them all the time)

Go Bulls!

Also, it isn't "cash back" if they lose, it is a discount off of the following year's season tickets and only applies if they re-up for another season. Guarantees 2 year's of season tickets. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

37 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

If I were USF I would take a new approach to trying to get people on the fence about next season. For one season only I would do a "Money Back Guarantee." If USF loses a home game, you get a pro-rated discount on your 2018 season tickets. So if they lose one game, your 2018 tickets will be discounted by 14.3%, lose 2 homes games, 2018 discounted by 28.6% and so on. I think that would drive interest and get people excited for 2018 as well, plus there is a very slight chance that we lose more than 1 home game next season. 

I would also start to offer multi-season discounts. If you commit to multiple years at a time, then you save a percentage. 

Finally, I would offer a "perfect attendance" incentive. If all of your season tickets on your account are used for each USF home game, you will get a 10% discount off the following season ticket price. 

I don't think we should give discounts, but I do think incentives for 100% attendance would be nice. It might get people who have season tickets to actually use them for ALL games. We seem to have a decent amount of season ticket holders who let tickets go to waste. It doesn't have to be anything major...maybe a special shirt, hat or field passes for pregame? 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Green and GOLD

24K, that is...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

Discounts are the new way of the world. If people don't perceive a deal, they won't go. The appeal of watching on TV in the comfort of your own home is too alluring. 

Absolutely! They need to create some big time deals, cheap tickets, cheap parking, cheap food to see the 11-2 Bulls. Next year is the time to get new business. 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

Accounting for fsu drop and schedule I'd say flat to up 1k.  I hope it's up, but you all saw ticket sales per game this year that included fsu fans buying season tickets. 

I hope I'm wrong and would love to see 25k plus season tickets and 40k actual per game. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, thatBULL said:

Accounting for fsu drop and schedule I'd say flat to up 1k.  I hope it's up, but you all saw ticket sales per game this year that included fsu fans buying season tickets. ...

That's kind of what I was thinking. No real marquee team at home and I would imagine after a ten-win season, there shouldn't be too much of a dropoff...

Just out of curiosity - all this talk about the cost of tickets - where are we in relation to the rest of the conference as far as season ticket pricing? You have to fund the program, so I'm just not certain that dropping the price of tickets to a ridiculously low dollar value (assuming that's what it's gonna take to get Joe Donut through the turnstiles) or the discount scheme as outlined above would generate enough cash flow. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

That's kind of what I was thinking. No real marquee team at home and I would imagine after a ten-win season, there shouldn't be too much of a dropoff...

Just out of curiosity - all this talk about the cost of tickets - where are we in relation to the rest of the conference as far as season ticket pricing? You have to fund the program, so I'm just not certain that dropping the price of tickets to a ridiculously low dollar value (assuming that's what it's gonna take to get Joe Donut through the turnstiles) or the discount scheme as outlined above would generate enough cash flow. 

Hey, I am just the marketing guy, you will have to contact finance with your question..,

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

35 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Hey, I am just the marketing guy, you will have to contact finance with your question..,

I don't know all the finances,  but I know that empty seats means $0. Giving a multi-year discount or an incentive for attending every game doesn't devalue the product.  You have to get people back in the door. Blackjack Pizza just opened up by me and gave me a free pizza to try them out. Doesn't mean I will expect a free pizza everytime.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:

No real marquee team at home and I would imagine after a ten-win season, there shouldn't be too much of a dropoff...

Same here.  Which isn't good. Too much of a dropoff... The schedule in 2017 is horrible.  But people like winners, hoping that pays off.  Problem is we're beating the oft-beaten.

Lot of work to do.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

6 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

If I were USF I would take a new approach to trying to get people on the fence about next season. For one season only I would do a "Money Back Guarantee." If USF loses a home game, you get a pro-rated discount on your 2018 season tickets. So if they lose one game, your 2018 tickets will be discounted by 14.3%, lose 2 homes games, 2018 discounted by 28.6% and so on. I think that would drive interest and get people excited for 2018 as well, plus there is a very slight chance that we lose more than 1 home game next season. 

First of all I think you putting ideas out there is great.  In the 17 years of this board, ideas have been taken forward by USF.

But on the ticket discount, a ticket holder would have to request it the discount.  There's a huge difference in losing to a superior team and losing because of injuries.  Smart fans recognize that.  You know?  Just put some parameters around it - without the lawyers.  ;)

• Upvote 1