• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT trying to poach Strong??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I don't know. I got to imagine that Strong wants to run the show and prove himself. USF would allow him to do that and build his rep for his own p5  HC gig. Going to UO with CWT seems risky to me especially if these rumors of Strong not wanting to move any longer have any weight.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

USF seems like a slam dunk stepping stone gig for Strong. Oregon not so much...

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Last I checked Charlie Strong is unemployed and looking for a job.  How is that "poaching him"? 

Edited by beastiebull

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Wow, if he's trying to completely destroy any good will towards him from USF fans, this would do it.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

There's also a possibility that after looking at both jobs Strong may actually want to be a DC for a bit to decompress after the crap he had to deal with at Texas.  He may look take a hard look at USF and decide he doesn't want to jump into the kind of work it takes to run USF as a HC (waaaayyy more than Texas or Louisville) right away after what he just went through.  Honestly, CWT contacting Strong would have almost no bearing on his final decision if he chose to DC over being a HC.  The two jobs are completely different and in the end it comes down to what Strong wants for himself coming off of the craziness at Texas.  He may want to take a step back and be a DC, he may want to jump right back into the grind of being a HC, or heck me may even decided he doesn't know what he wants and take a year off to figure it out.  If Strong knew for sure what he wanted we would be waking up to him being our HC.  I honestly think Charlie doesn't know what he wants for sure right now.....

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785

where gonna get stuck with Jimmy YAY!!!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

If Strong even meets about a DC job, he's wrong for us. 

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

8 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

There's also a possibility that after looking at both jobs Strong may actually want to be a DC for a bit to decompress after the crap he had to deal with at Texas.  He may look take a hard look at USF and decide he doesn't want to jump into the kind of work it takes to run USF as a HC (waaaayyy more than Texas or Louisville) right away after what he just went through.  Honestly, CWT contacting Strong would have almost no bearing on his final decision if he chose to DC over being a HC.  The two jobs are completely different and in the end it comes down to what Strong wants for himself coming off of the craziness at Texas.  He may want to take a step back and be a DC, he may want to jump right back into the grind of being a HC, or heck me may even decided he doesn't know what he wants and take a year off to figure it out.  If Strong knew for sure what he wanted we would be waking up to him being our HC.  I honestly think Charlie doesn't know what he wants for sure right now.....

How do you come to the conclusion that running USF as HC is "waaaayyy more" work than Texas (or Louisville)?  Texas, not only do you have to run the team as head coach, you have to pander and kiss butt to dozens upon dozens of egotistical boosters.  So you have to not only be head coach, but politician too.  You don't have that at USF at all.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

15 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

Last I checked Charlie Strong is unemployed and looking for a job.  How is that "poaching him"? 

It's not.  

Some are still having emotions about Taggart's desertion.  

He's a "free agent".

Strong is on open market.  If he wants to be a DC than he should be.  We should say no thanks.