• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1 minute ago, TheUpperHand said:

Can we leave the DC position vacant for the bowl game?

It would likely improve the performance.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

Can we leave the DC position vacant for the bowl game?

It's been vacant all year. One more game won't hurt. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

This is all adding up. Can't wait for it to be leaked in an hour or so.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

11 minutes ago, Bulls Are We said:

That's all I need to see right there.  

Does that mean, he is in the building and DJ saw him or heard the word spreading?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

5 minutes ago, macphisto said:

Austin is bigger than Tampa.  932,000 in Austin versus 346,000 in Tampa.  The Tampa Bay area is bigger.  2.975 million in the Tampa Bay Metro region, but Austin's Metro region is just over 2 million.  So this area is bigger, but it's not as dramatic a difference as you'd think.  It's pretty close in size to the Orlando Metro region.  

I'd say 13 vs 49 media market and a metro region with about a million more people is a pretty dramatic difference.

But again, I don't care. Austin is king of the world! Bigger than you think! Hooray for Austin!

Back to #StrongWatch2016.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

23 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Understood. But Austin ain't Tampa.

You have no idea how big Austin is.  Austin is a HUGE city with close to a million people in the city alone.  The Austin city skyline dwarfs Tampa's.  They have a 700 foot building in their skyline which is like 200 feet taller than anything Tampa has.  Everything about Austin is bigger than Tampa.  Skyline bigger.  Traffic worse.  City bigger.  The only reason Tampa is bigger is in metro area, and that is only because it includes St Pete and Clearwater.  But if we're going to go that route, the Austin/San Antonio area (San Antonio is only 70 miles away) has close to 5 million people total. 

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, BullsFanInTX said:

You have no idea how big Austin is.  Austin is a HUGE city with close to a million people in the city alone.  The Austin city skyline dwarfs Tampa's.  They have a 700 foot building in their skyline which is like 200 feet taller than anything Tampa has.  Everything about Austin is bigger than Tampa.  Skyline bigger.  Traffic worse.  City bigger.  The only reason Tampa is bigger is in metro area, and that is only because it includes St Pete and Clearwater.  But if we're going to go that route, the Austin/San Antonio area (San Antonio is only 70 miles away) has close to 5 million people total. 

and pretty much nobody in Tampa cares.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, TallyBull said:

I'd say 13 vs 49 media market and a metro region with about a million more people is a pretty dramatic difference.

But again, I don't care. Austin is king of the world! Bigger than you think! Hooray for Austin!

Not saying Austin is huge, but I think a lot of people think it's a smaller city in Texas instead of a sizeable Metro area.  Austin is not a small college town or the equivalent of Tallahassee.  I think a lot of people that have never been that live here equate it with Tallahassee, but it's much, much larger than that.  

It's bigger than Jacksonville.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Rizman said:

Does that mean, he is in the building and DJ saw him or heard the word spreading?

I think he is hearing chatter like the rest of us and would be very happy with that hire.

Source:  Two teenage daughters so I speak emoji.  

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

Ever been to Austin.  The eye test says Austin is bigger than Tampa...by far.  BTW that media market includes St Pete, Clearwater, Sarasota, and Bradenton, so if we're going that route, add San Antonio's market to Austin's (Austin's market ends exactly where San Antonio's begin at the Comal/Hays county line).    

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2